Can we bring the Hovel back?

Hovel is mostly useless.

Can anything be done to make it awesome?

Give it legs and pincers, so that hovels can be used as emergency battle armor for grangers (but dies quickly outside of creep range).

3 Likes

No lamefun, just no. The hovel really had no purpose at all in 1.1. dont put it back.

What if grangers could build multiple hovels, and be able to teleport between them for fast travel between forwards and the main base?

2 Likes

The mechanic of exiting the hovel would have to be fixed - to prevent leaving the map and glitch building. This means Grangers cannot exit from the ‘side’ of the hovel.

Perhaps a pair of hovels could work as a one-way teleporter, where the endpoint is simply destroyed upon exiting it, exploding and leaving a Granger in its place (like a butterfly emerging from a chrysalis) - and must be rebuilt to go ‘back’.

A singular hovel could act as a one-use protection structure for the Granger, if it too were exploded upon exiting it.

So: when entering a single hovel, the Granger gets protection for as long as he stays inside, but then must rebuild the hovel upon exiting it. When entering (one of) a pair of hovels, the Granger would be immediately teleported to the other, destroying the endpoint.

What are your guys’ thoughts???

If we simply want a way to offer temporary protection to the builder which also immobilizes him, perhaps give Adv Granger the ability to turn into a stone statue, like the Super Mario bros. III racoon suit (tanooki!). The statue form would have higher HP - 300 or so, but have no healing. Leaving the statue form restores Granger back to the same HP he had (before statue form), and destroying a statue form Granger (all 300 HP is gone) explodes it, leaving a vulnerable Granger in its place, unable to turn back into stone.

I like all of that except the last suggestion. I think if you could teleport as a granger via hovel that would be enough to keep you from getting killed.

2 Likes

Perhaps it can be balanced by making teleports adhere to cooldown timers? Besides, RomDOS mentioned they would be one-way teleports, so it would probably be okay for grangers to use them to escape dying bases and try to establish new ones.

1 Like

I don’t think the hovel is useless at all, a little weird in it’s stage placement? (3). Sure

Many games I have managed to bring back by hiding in the hovel, it provides excellent defence and many humans fail to check there. Additionally it can be used as a free blockade or boost for building.

I know on uBP it was used as a teleporter by linking 2 hovels, I don’t like this idea for balancing reasons. Perhaps allow it to hold more than one Granger?

I love the hovel, it’s my favourite structure in the game followed by booster.

1 Like

MAKE THEM SHOOT FIRE PEW PEW.

Needs to have X amount of BP built around the exit for TP to work?

• Cooldown? Loading time? One way?

Perhaps a pair of hovels could work as a one-way teleporter, where the endpoint is simply destroyed upon exiting it, exploding and leaving a Granger in its place (like a butterfly emerging from a chrysalis) - and must be rebuilt to go ‘back’.

Emerging granger would only have to rebuild it to fix it, it is a poor way of fixing the hovel glitch imo. Maybe add a build timer for the granger who exits the hovel, and a cooldown for the hovelport.

This is a good suggestion, although I’d still rather the hovel retain it’s initial purpose as a defensive structure.

Could also cost 1 evo to use, or have to be upgraded at booster, etc.

well hovel bugged, via it you can glith area…so i think in gpp, this should’t back

Ban abusers of the bug, sad that we should all be removed part of the game content due to a few trouble makers.

Or, fix the bug. perhaps have the granger exit from the same location that it enters?

The hovel has successfully been ported. Currently the granger exits from the top of the hovel.

1 Like

Out of where? There is only one hole.

:rainbow: [spoiler]Use your [color=cyan]imagination[/color]![/spoiler] :star:

Was the exit from the top an attempt to prevent hovel glitching?

Yes. It makes it so you can’t glitch out of the map (finally).

1 Like

Hopefully, but we will have to see if the idea works as intended . for the dev games player should try to glitch out of the map as much as possible. A possible better way to exit is from the same exact location you entered.