Naked map mode would be a type of play where teams start with no structures except spawns.
When a map is loaded, each team’s initial spawns are placed into the map - either automatically by the game or from a layout with predefined locations.
For the match to being, players first must do some initial base setup, with these rules:
- Players can only spawn ckit or granger.
- Players can’t see (nor speak to) enemies.
- Can’t see enemy structures.
- Can only place and build core structures (om/rc) and spawns (egg/node).
- Insta-build for stuff you place.
- Can’t decon starting spawns until at least 1 new spawn is placed.
- Can place a maximum total amount of spawns equal to number of players on your team (excluding the starting spawns).
Next, after a team places their core structure and at least 1 spawn, a countdown of 30 seconds begins; if the other team doesn’t place their core structure, they will start without it.
Once play begins, players must choose how to make the best of their situation, by either reinforcing a base at that location, risking a base move, or focus on disrupting or annihilating the other team.
Potentially optional stuff:
- Can’t build RC/OM within each other’s power/creep range (first come first serve for a location?).
- ‘Coin toss’ to swap base locations.
- Do this all as part of “warm-up mode”