An argument for Unvanquished

New Unvanquished dragoon.

I hope your eyes have opened at this point.

The legs configuration is jacked up and doesn’t match the concept art (see shorter ‘2nd’ segment of each leg in #1):

Also what happened to the old in-progress Dragoon? :fearful:

Older version with short legs:

It was changed because of Viech’s feedback:

“The claws need to be a lot bigger and longer so that they could reasonably slash at enemies in front of the dragoon.”

“Overall I find the legs are a tad too filigree and exposed now”

“I think it could look good if the corpus position was a bit lower and the upper tips of the legs a bit higher, similiar to the marauder or a real life spider or ant where the corpus is close to the center of mass.”

“I’d prefer the new model to slash or otherwise attack with its forearms, claws or the like so that we can have a proper first person attack animation for it.” - Viech

“To be honest the old model attempt kharnov posted lacks visual reinforcement of this agility as its feet appear rather clumsy and not really suited for jumping great distances.”

So there is no more chomp for goons on Unv?

Should be mini-fied, and replace the current mantis :wink:

“I’d prefer the new model to slash or otherwise attack with its forearms, claws or the like so that we can have a proper first person attack animation for it.” - Viech

Dretches bite, Granger swipes, Mantis slashes, Marauder slashes, and now even Goon slashes, and Tyrant swipes. Dretches are the only bitey alien left?

Note: Dretches are the ankle-biters of the video game world who wanted to be face-huggers xD