Can't get into GrangerPub server

lame. not sure what to do then. have you messed around with the .pk3 and cfg files in the base folder? once i uninstalled volt’s hud it worked fine with me. can you connect to the other servers (W, Z, etc)?

While volts hud hasnt effected me connecting to grangerpub it did cause issues with me connecting to the test server. You could try a fresh install. delete both base folders and reinstall tremulous. Just a suggestion since nothing else has worked.

dont forget to save your qkey file somewhere first or you may end up having a horrible weekend.

Before you attempt a reinstall, load trem, condump from console to show all startup messages and any errors, post the dump to GrangerSpit http://p.grangerhub.org and post the link back here.

Indeed. should have mentioned that lol. being me just assumed it was a given that someone would back up their qkey.

I never had an issue with volt’s HUD since I only used it for about a month before changing HUDs
the HUD that caused me the most grief was Octiz’s (spelling?) HUD pack. It’s the one that has the fancy menu with a storyboard button that copied a story from tremulous forums

I suspect Volt’s HUD not working is due to using Lakitu7’s updated ui module.

So now the client doesn’t quit entirely. It just can’t connect to the server.

Here’s the condump: http://p.grangerhub.org/view/f51fb885

Also, I can’t connect to any server. It says awaiting gamestate…Then it quits to the home screen. Not sure what’s wrong

yeah i’m not sure what’s up. i could connect to others servers just not grangerpub so i guess you are having different issues.

Hi @Legit & @Craze , please attempt to reproduce your errors with further condumps, so that the devs can further investigate & debug the issues. We don’t want people to have to work around the problem, we want to solve the problem.

the problem is fixed for me, i was just saying that i could connect to other servers but not grangerhub when i had volt’s hud. i uninstalled volt’s hud and i could join grangerhub no problem. however, zey can’t connect to any of the servers at all which is a different issue altogether than what i had. not sure what it could be if it isn’t volt’s hud that is causing the problem.

Here’s another condump from today: http://p.grangerhub.org/view/a668998a

Tried connecting to Granger Pub, but it went straight back to the home screen(Where you click Play to show server list)

@Craze: now, from /Users/…/Tremulous, if u could archive the base, tremfusion and slacker directories, excluding map pk3s, and send the archive to @dGr8LookinSparky for analysis, that would be great.

Before doing all that, try simply moving the tremfusion-menu-0.99r3.pk3 out of “/Users/mysecretname/Desktop/Tremfusion_0.99r3/Tremfusion.app/Contents/MacOS/tremfusion/” . You will lose the tremfusion menu and music while testing this …

Haha, I already tried that! It doesn’t open Tremfusion if I remove that file. I’ll get on the archive thing in a little bit. Thanks for helping guys :smile:

@Craze DID YOU FIX IT ZEY IF NOT COME ON IRC I’LL HELP YOU I THINK I KNOW WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS

I fixed it today.

OMG I THOUGHT THE HITSQUAD ACTUALLY GOT TO YOU THIS TIME
WELCOME BACK

Welcome Back Craze :smiley: ! How did you fix this problem?