Complaints about not having Unreleased code yet

We’ve been hearing about “Tremulous 1.3” (a.k.a. “the new GrangerHub client/server”) for quite a while now. The earliest planned release date I can remember was in the summer of 2015. So far there have been no releases at all. The only visible progress is the multiprotocol server software and some minor gameplay changes on the test server, but the source code is kept secret and it’s unknown if it will ever be released.

What is going on? Can we expect any release from GrangerHub? If so, when?

1 Like

i join to this request. i would like to know the status of the sources. if you plan to opensource them, why don’t you show it to the public now? why don’t you just develop it on github or other public repo? ppl may help you,
and if you’re not going to publish sources, plz state it clearly

@dGr8LookinSparky, I believe you could answer this in more depth than I could.

There’s a .diff that’s included in the pk3 for each test version…

@enneract Delays happened due to various IRL stuff for our devs, as well as stuff like VACATION™, and also addressing more pertinent community management issues. The canonical answer to your question is:

#S00N :tm:

Also, when it’s ready and suitable for initial release. Currently it’s not ready, but we are making progress.
Currently, we need:

Server:

• Cleaning up our messy repo
  • Completing the “playmap” map queue system
  • Completion of warmup mode
  • Database support
  • Completion of each of our major game modes

Client:

• Implementing and testing our Launcher / Installer
  • Isolation of non-free assets for replacement
  • Assets and materials for the opengl2 renderer
  • Other various new assets

We also have a bunch of other TOP SECRET™ things planned for later, after initial release, but we still have some big issues to address before this can happen.

3 Likes

I understand your skepticism- but bitching at @dGr8LookinSparky and @cron doesn’t help (I’ve tried).

You could offer to help them get it done; the team is actually very small.

2 Likes

Then the solution is now clear.

Guys, start bitching at them more.

Good idea. Let me just clone their code repository and see what I can do. Oh wait, there is no code repository.

3 Likes

still no answer to the question: if it’s going to be public why there is no public repo?

I plan on making a comprehensive post about the current status and plans for the initial release on either this coming Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday after we have completed a few more important milestones.

That’s strange. I always thought it was “Thursday” “S00N™”

No, that is when the initial release will occur. No matter what the specific date will be, we will make sure that the initial release will occur on a Thursday, to fulfill the prophecy.

2 Likes

clone the Tremulous code repository on GitHub and see what u can do.

3 Likes

Short of no 1.1 compatibility, I’ve been very happy with upstream.

enneract, i know, you as New EDGE developer is don’t like us (by Reason “GHs dont releasing they codez” ), well i don’t too :slightly_smiling:

But we don’t violating GPL or any other licenses (you said that servial times)

Reason why source of New Trem is not available right now, this because they still in Development, and we actually want combine Tremulous, for no barriers between 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3, for guy can run new Trem, and play any server, which hey want. Actually for that we still need do some job, anyway Code still is NOT ready for public release.

And, as said Cron and Sparky, code still need Clean Up, some debugg, some new stuff,

We Want Make New Version of Tremulous,

not another undebugged shitcode mod, which is bugged as fuck.

So we very carefully of result, so just wait and you’ll see our Result.

Some faq, for newbies.

F.A.Q

Q: Did Tremulous 1.3 source code is gonna be available?
A: When they 100% Completed, Ofcourse.

so @newb yes, when trem1,3 is ready, they source code is gonna be public for all.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Tremulous 1.3 source code availailability and other server communities

If you have questions or comments about upcomming Tremulous 1.3, stay here. If you want to address concerns about matters after the source is made available, go to that topic.

I dont want to be digging graves, try not to promise too much. Bugs will always exist, even if you try to annihlate them with pesticide. Initial releases will always have a lot of issues. No one plays on "purely vanilla’ 1.1 servers because hey are that horrible

i am don’t promesing, i just answering to Enneract

ofcourse, actually yes, in mainly noone plays in True Vanilia 1.1

just for pplz knows, servers which ! commands is not vanilia, they already modded (but yes in mostly only on admin system part)

until the spread of formal design and verification.

1 Like

So, where’s the post?

have u cloned the repository yet ? if yes, have u found something that u can do ?