[DENIED] Zodiac's Admin Application

• Who are you known as in-game, and what is your registered name on the server:
Zodiac is my registered in-game name and the name I use during the vast majority of my time on Trem. Sometimes random aliases, sometimes ScallyWaggle too.

• What is your timezone/What time do you play tremulous and how often:
Pacific Standard Time. I play trem maybe 2 or 3 hours a day, 4 days a week? Though I will be gone for a few days this week snowboarding.

• Why do you want admin on GrangerPub:

1. I have seen a number of troll votes get called that have been passed and I would like to help eliminate those. Example: I got spec’d for dominating a game too hard, which was slightly frustrating because that doesn’t happen too much anymore.
  2. I feel that having a higher number of responsible admins on this server will lessen the amount of possible time that there are pub games going when there is no admin present and thus reduce the number of rule infractions (basenades, troll votes, intentional tking, excessive/abusive language and behavior, etc.)
  3. I also want to have a positive impact on Trem and keep this game, that I enjoy so much, going for as long as possible. Being a solid administrator will help me do that.

• What is your past admining experience:
It’s hard for me to remember since i’ve taken so many breaks, but I believe I had lvl 3 or 4 admin on AA pub server (Effect or Cerk could probably vouge). I also had lvl 6 or so admin on Pk server (when I was in Pk). That’s all the specifically comes to mind.

• What do you think are the most important qualities as an admin:
First and foremost, not letting emotions control your actions (kicking someone who was trolling/insulting you).
Second, being impartial.
And the obvious ones like, being responsible, fair, and helpful.

• What level are you applying for:
• Is any level 6+ admin willing to vouch for you (Can be left blank):
Bird said that he would vouge for me, and I haven’t asked, but I’m sure Effect would as well. Legit would too, even though I know he’s not lvl 6+. If anyone else is willing to vouge, give me a shout out in the thread. :smiley:

Hi, I’ll get your poll set up.

hi @Zod :slight_smile: ,

Welcome to GrangerHub! I have a few questions at the moment.

• How long have you been back to playing Tremulous?

• Have you thoroughly read over the game server rules and understand them ( GrangerHub Forum - Tremulous Forums )? What are your thoughts about those rules, in particular regarding rules 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6 (if you have suggestions for improvement, they are welcome, we are always open to consider ideas that can make the rules better)?

• Have you thoroughly read and understood the GrangerHub Code of Conduct draft ( GrangerHub Code of Conduct Draft )? What are your thoughts about the Code of Conduct (suggestions for improvement are welcome for the Code of Conduct draft as well)?

• Have you thoroughly read the the website FAQ ( GrangerHub Forum - Tremulous Forums ) ? What are your thoughts about the FAQ?

Hey zodddddd, Ill vouge for sure

Hey Zodiac, good luck man!

Good luck Zodiac

In reply to Sparky, I have read all of the above mentioned documents and understand them. As of right now, I don’t have any suggestions but will be looking for different improvements going forward.

Thanks Taylor! :smiley: and thanks for the luck everyone. My replies to this thread will be limited until Friday when I have access to a computer, as an FYI.

Good luck Zodiac! :slightly_smiling:

Hi all, I made it back from my snowboarding trip!

Sparky, I’ve reread the FAQ and was wondering what the purpose of it is supposed to be. After reading it, it seems like more of an addition to the code of conduct than a page dedicated to frequently asked questions. What I mean is, there are no examples of questions being asked. For example, when I go to the FAQ page, I would expect to see questions being asked and answered, like “How should I behave on the forums?” and answer saying “Be agreeable even when you disagree, improve the discussion, etc. Also, here is a link to our code of conduct.” This is merely a suggestion. Though, I may have missed the purpose of the FAQ page.

:smiley:

The FAQ is actually a standard document that comes with the Discourse software (which is the software we chose for the forums) which outlines the important concepts in how to best use and behave on the forums. This article elaborates on how that document was formulated and the concepts behind the design of the forums software: The Universal Rules of Civilized Discourse | Blog . We probably should add some more specifically practical information such as how to navigate the site, how trust levels work, and so on. It might also be a good idea to modify the format a bit as you said to have the FAQ follow the question-answer style that FAQ’s usually have.

The Code of Conduct draft we wrote to be applicable to more than just the forums, but to all GrangerHub infrastructure, as well as to servers/projects that choose to utilize this Code of Conduct. A lot of us have seen how if drama gets out of control, it can be very destructive to a project, and the Code of Conduct is meant as a guide to help keep drama in check, and to help maintain a good environment and atmosphere to get the most accomplished and to have fun.

Oh okay, I can understand why the FAQ is in the kind of format it is then. Thanks for the explanation Sparky.

Your application has been denied - not enough admins felt that they knew you well enough. If you get to know people a bit more and then re-apply in a week or two you’ll be much more likely to pass.