Greetings

Idk, maybe the introductions category is exempt from the rule because new people have to start somewhere. Total speculation, of course.

i don’t think the average pr0n advertising / lawnmower selling spambot is going to care much whether his topic ends up under introductions or admin applications though. Kinda defeats the purpose if that was the case.

True. But it would be easier to weed out spam if it was in one place. And how would an average bot know the one category it can post in? Leaving it up to chance that it would select introductions. In any case, it turns out you were more or less correct as @Woodbury pointed out. Although, i too am curious why, exactly, i was able to post here.

It isn’t so much that new members of the forums are specifically allowed to start a new topic in this category, but that the GrangerPub admin application category is one of the categories that require a trust level of at least level 1 to create a new topic, to ensure that new members get some familiarity with the forums before submitting an application.

2 Likes

Hi @Tofurkey !

Welcome to our forums! :slight_smile: But I’m sorry it’s too late, because I’m very busy with college work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you understand. :wink:

Never too late! thank you for the warm welcome!

1 Like

Hi there, enjoy your stay.

1 Like

Me too, thanks