In memoriam of Sparky

I’m very sad to announce the passing of our friend and GrangerHub cofounder @dGr8LookinSparky.

He fought a courageous battle for his life for the last several years against cancer. He stayed as healthy as possible, remained positive and never stopped striving to become even better, and I watched him do that and more.

He truly cared about the players and friends here and valued each and every one of us and tried to see the best in everyone and everything.

Even with his passing I feel his memory will continue to inspire change. Goodbye Sparky and GG, you will be missed.

@everyone is invited to attend an in-game memorial event to gather and pay tribute and respects to Sparky on his server, Unitremia - on Wednesday night October 12 at 7:00P Eastern U.S. time. If you can make it it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Discord event reminder:
In Memoriam - For Sparky meetup on Unitremia

Edit: adjusted time

7 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. :frowning:

1 Like

GG Sparky, you are a legend.

1 Like

I’m so sad and feeling sorry about Sparky, he’s my best friend I ever seen. :cry::cry::pensive:

2 Likes

I streamed the start of the speech before I had to go. Sorry I’m terrible at talking about stuff like this, but I wanted to share about how I got to know sparky in the early days before and GH’s initiation

Youtube unfortunately does not allow < symbols so his christmas hat clan tag is missing it in the title and put an = instead.

2 Likes

Sparky will be sorely missed. He really pushed for the community to get together and improve Tremulous. Without him, it will not be the same for the Tremulous community.

On the personal side, he was a great guy and a good friend. I will miss him (and I was already missing him while the time he was gone and battling his sickness).

Hi guys,
I am very sad to read this, even more so after some time.
Sparky encouraged me to learn dev stuffs I always wanted to, and his detail-oriented way taught me many things for my personal life that I carry with great affection, admiration and reference.
I try to hold back my tears as I write this, but getting to know this community in a post-game apocalypse was a very special moment in my life, I miss the bad movies Friday night.
Sparky, Thank you.

2 Likes

rip sparky💙

1 Like