Map release: Kampfsimulator

Kampfsimulator

Info: This is an unreleased unvanquished map. Since unvq is more or less dead, i release this map for good old trem. Have fun!

TITLE: Kampfsimulator (.bsp)
FILENAME: map-kampfsimulator_v1.0.pk3
AUTHOR: Matth/yalt
DATE: 05.06.2017
GAME: Tremulous (www.tremulous.net)

Changelog:
1.1:
-Door issues fixed
1.0:
-Full release

Download binary:
Kampfsimulator v1.1
Kampfsimulator v1.0

SCREENSHOTS:

5 Likes

Welcome back @yalt :smiley: ! It is good to see that you are still releasing maps for Tremulous. I am looking forward to playing matches on this map. Kampdsimulator is now available to play on the test7341 server.

I did notice an issue in the blue storage room. The doors slide into each other instead of away from each other. This has an effect of that room only being accessible while the doors slide, and remaining inaccessible while the doors stay in the “open” position. Not to mention it looks kinda weird seeing the doors slide into each other. The red storage room doors don’t have this issue and seenm fine. Here is a screenshot of the bugged doors:

2 Likes

Hi spark! Thank you for your report. I will fix that issue in the following release :+1:

3 Likes

Looks good!

4 Likes

@yalt , I just found another issue, this one is with both the blue and red storage rooms’ doors, a relatively minor issue. While you pass through them as a spectator (we have a spectator noclip through doors feature even while noclip is off, as a replacement to that annoying spectator teleporting through doors thing), you can see the void. This interferes with the smoothness of passing through the doors. The doors in the “Kabuff” area underground don’t have this problem. I plan implementing an alien later where one of it properties is the ability to noclip through doors (like the specs now). As a side note, I have noticed the same issue with many of the doors on Niveus.

2 Likes

Thanks. I uploaded a fixed version. See first post.

3 Likes

Welcome back @yalt. :slight_smile: The map looks pretty cool I am loving the space. Keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile: ! Version 1.1 is now available to play on the test7341 server. I didn’t get a chance to play a proper match on it yet, but I can tell already that this really looks like it is going to be a fun map. Trem can definitely use more smallish maps with good quality game play like this one.

3 Likes

Welcome back @yalt! :smiley:

Good to see you again! I never thought you are still very active for any mapping release, and awesome details than my mapping! I think you should join them to develop Tremulous 1.3 with your mapping for us. :wink:

Anyways, good luck for your mapping and nice job! :thumbsup:

4 Likes

@yalt , this pipe at both of the default bases might be good to make climbable for humans.

1 Like