Map release: Void - experimental open range map

That’s looking awesome @yalt , keep up the great work! I’m looking forward to trying out your next release, it’s going to be fun :slight_smile: !

1 Like

is it possible that I get PK3 file with the assets for this map? :slight_smile:
Thanks

2 Likes

Give him a chance to finish, you can’t rush great art :slight_smile: !

2 Likes

Desert day, pretty hot on summer. :smiley:

Best terrain mapping ever! xD

2 Likes

PK3 will be released when its done. :wink: Right now im in spain, doing some hiking. So be patient.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I can fix your VIS problems inside map compiler and inside engine.
Problem with all that, is that you don’t need VIS for the open world maps.

3 Likes

You could use the first void release for your work. Its available on sparkys trem server.

3 Likes

@TheDushan , here is a link to @yalt’s first released version of this Void map: http://dl.grangerhub.org/base/map-void_1.0.pk3

2 Likes

Thanks.
If it is possible for the next public

Thanks
If it is possible, of course, for the next public release, please write shaders for the rend2 renderer.
Is that possible?

Void doesnt use any normalmapping etc.pp. -like shaders. I think you should create a basic map with these new kind of shaders to show everyone how it works and how it looks.

2 Likes

Not a problem.
If you really want to make terrain’s inside game, we could do it together, I can give you possibility that engine create terrain from a height map :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah no thanks. I like doing it the old fashioned way. Its just for fun i do in my spare time.

2 Likes

First base nearly done.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s shaping up nicely! It looks like it’s giving a good planetary outpost kind of feel. One of the cool things is that’s like a small version of what usually would be the primary focus of a map, or even a map in itself, yet there is a whole terrain outside that is accessible, with a couple of other indoor options to choose from.

3 Likes