[PASSED: 3] Rhez's Level 5 Admin Application

Oh hell, here we go. I guess it’s time for me to apply. Crossed fingers. Wwelcome.

• Who are you known as in-game, and what is your registered name on the server:

I’m known as Rhez2, or simply Rhez. My current in-game name is #l<Rhez2. My registered name on the server would be Rhez2.

• What is your timezone/What time do you play tremulous and how often:

My timezone is usually EST (GMT -4:00). Sometimes in the holidays I will travel to the PST timezone (GMT +8:00). I usually play Tremulous on afternoons and evenings almost daily.

• Why do you want admin on GrangerPub:

I’m usually nice and like to help people out, and I’ve been told that the frequency of admin activity on GrangerPub has recently been dwindling, so I’ve decided to try and apply for an admin slot, but I’m not expecting any success.

• What is your past admining experience:

I unfortunately have little to almost no admin experience. Despite this, I am fully aware of the responsibilities of an admin.

• What do you think are the most important qualities as an admin:

I believe keeping Tremulous as a fun, enjoyable, and playable game to all players is the most important quality that an admin should withhold. This includes keeping the peace, resolving necessary disputes, and taking the appropriate actions to certain issues.

• What level are you applying for:

I am applying for, at most, admin level 5. However, I will respect the final decided level for me.

• Is any level 6+ admin willing to vouch for you (Can be left blank):

Despite my inexperience, Shuffle and Bird seem content with my abilities as a potential admin.

Good luck to me. I hope I meet your expectations and won’t disappoint you. If you have any questions/comments/concerns for me don’t hesitate to ask/say.

7 Likes

Good luck @rhezrhez ! You would be an excellent addition to the GrangerPub administration team :smiley: !

1 Like

Good luck rhez!

Best of luck.

I am vouching.

I vouch for you too

Thanks for the support!

Wow rhez, nice to see you applying. Good luck, and may the force guide your steps through the empire of the administration team.

Vouching too

What is the appropriate action (in your opinion) to take in response to meta-gaming, such as the case of a player(s) repeatedly suiciding in the pit on Transit (for lulz) while the rest of the players are playing to try to win?

down to earth and humble application, i’ve had no problems in game with you so far. I’ll vouch for level 4

Good luck, rhez!!

GOOD LUCK RHEZ

In my opinion, I would wait for it to sort itself out (let the players talk amongst themselves, decide whether or not to vote kick). That player might be repeatedly suiciding to build faster (I know I would), or just find it amusing to kill themselves over and over. As long as it doesn’t affect gameplay (like increase needed kills to next stage?) other than take up team space, and is not seen as a problem to anyone, I would let that issue slide. However, if and when it requires my attention (kick vote fails, players start complaining), I would, at increased infractions, first issue a warning, then force spectate, then kick, and finally ban if needed.

It also can affect the spawn queue.

Ah, I see. Well, I still hold my case. Power belongs to the players firstmost.

Poll set up.

I’ll vouch also

This right here is why I question why you’re applying for L5. Would L3 not make more sense?

If that is the level you believe to be most suited for me, then by all means, I won’t hold it against you.