[PASSED: 3] Si's Application

• Who are you known as in-game, and what is your registered name on the server:

Si
{$}Si.*

• What is your timezone/What time do you play tremulous and how often:

PST (UTC -8). I usually play everyday. Depending on my school schedule the time spent online may vary from 1-6+ hours.

• Why do you want admin on GrangerPub:

I want to be sexy like you guys.

I apologize in advance if I have offended any member of the administrative team of GrangerHub. I definitely have flamed individuals/groups, and disrupted servers extensively in the past. I also have spoken out against GrangerHub in the past in regards to server changes, and still currently talk trash in-game. I know the intricacies of griefing in Tremulous extremely well, and I hope I can be entrusted with the power to discourage rather than encourage it.

I realize my clan (PMW/Pussy Money Weed/dubs/{$}Tag.*) does not have the best relationship with GrangerHub. I am generally removed from the fighting between the two; however, I’m willing to attempt to mend the relationship. I can’t promise anything but I suspect having a member of one of the last remaining active clans in Tremulous on the administrative team could be beneficial.

I feel that my 9 or so years of Tremulous experience would encourage the well-being of GrangerHub’s community. I want to be able to more directly influence the direction that this game is headed in and see this project completed without the issues that plague the game currently. Those of you who know me can attest to my love for the game. Those of you who don’t know me can hopefully consider the information above when making your decision.

• What is your past admining experience:

AA: L2 @ '13
Various PMW Servers: L9999 @ 'infinity

Disclaimer: I was demoted on AA for kicking a rant whore. bird was present if anyone is curious about specifics. I don’t
have an excuse, as there isn’t one for abusing admin on pub servers.

• What do you think are the most important qualities as an admin:

Honestly? Using their administrative powers as little as possible. Players without admin desire an admin who is
relatable and not a tyrant (hue).

• What level are you applying for:

4 or higher (Which level has admin chat?) Also regardless of the decision made about pub admin, can I have admin on club? There’s often nobody in my clan online who can setup scrims, and were one of the last two active scrimming clans.

• Is any level 6+ admin willing to vouch for you (Can be left blank):

MaeJong, bird, Cerk (even though he resigned.)

I’ll set up a poll for you.

Good application, better than what I would’ve expected. Good luck, a poll will be set up soon.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Good luck Si.

1 Like

Good application.

Could you talk to me more about this?

You say you stay out of the fighting and I believe that, but can you give me a good reason on why you still want to become an administrator when your clans opinion of them is so negative. It really feels they disagree with the level of commitment and enforcement of the rules entirely rather than the admins personally. I am not asking you to choose between your clan or this server but are you willing to show the correct behaviour we expect when they display this attitude and break the rules in front of you?

If so don’t you think this will cause conflict between you and your clanmates?

I’m willing to take action against my clan if they blatantly break the rules in front of me and ignore warnings, but I think me having admin would solve a lot of the issues present.

I have to disagree with you that PMW challenges every aspect of GrangerHub… there are definitely specific issues that many of them don’t enjoy about the community and server. Aside from these specific issues (I’d have to ask them all and compile a list of grievances lol), most of the issues are personal feuds. For example, Julia and other members have issues with bird/yourself/possibly others, and I think the feelings are somewhat mutual. A feud like that could be more easily dealt with if I was able to mediate it as more than simply a player.

I’ve been in PMW for years and I know all my clanmates very well; they all want to see Tremulous prosper too even if they have differing opinions on how that should happen. And no, this will not strain my relationship with my clan.

If you need more information let me know. I care about more than just PMW when it comes to Tremulous and I’d like to see both my clan and the game be successful.

3 Likes

Quick. A guy just connected to the server with a gun… what do you do?

1 Like

1 Like

lmao “twitter fingers turn to twitter fingers”

1 Like

Passed L3, probation for 1 week - will see where it goes from there.

@dGr8LookinSparky might or might not have something to add.

1 Like