[PASSED: 5] ssingh9 Applies for Admin

• Who are you known as in-game, and what is your registered name on the server: ssingh9

• What is your timezone/What time do you play tremulous and how often: GMT (London), very often at the moment

• Why do you want admin on GrangerPub: Decons and griefing upset me greatly.

• What is your past admining experience: Numerous years on AA as a high-level admin, also I believe I had admin on BB at one point as well.

• What do you think are the most important qualities as an admin: Someone once said about me that “he can be harsh but he shuts the retards down”. That’s my goal.

• What level are you applying for: 4

• Is any level 6+ admin willing to vouch for you (Can be left blank): Sanic the Hedgehog and Bird are the only admins I’ve asked so far but are willing to vouch.

I’ll set up the poll. I’ll also vouch.

I’ll vouch. Thanks for applying.

You first joined these forums 3 days ago. What are your thoughts about this website so far? How long have you been playing on the GrangerPub game server?

How long have you been away from Trem? Why did you take a break?

What was your highest admin level on AA?

What are your thoughts about the current environment and atmosphere on the GrangerPub game server? Do you have suggestions for how we can improve its environment & atmosphere?

Have you read over the game server rules ( GrangerHub Forum - Tremulous Forums ), and the GrangerHub Code of Conduct ( FAQ - GrangerHub Forum )? Do you have any question/comments/concerns/suggestions regarding those documents?

Thank you for applying. Good luck @ssingh9 !

If you don’t know who ssingh9 is, you’re the one who doesn’t deserve admin, not him. Just saying.

Not all of us are from 1.1 . The playerbase on GrangerPub has a mix of trem 1.1 & gpp backgrounds (besides also the occasional new players), and the administration reflects this mix and diversity. While the server currently uses an old 1.1 vanillaish qvm, the community aspect is a bit different from previous trem servers.

1 Like

@Menace13 your comment is invalid.
I have been in Tremulous for far too long and I don’t know who he is well enough. This isn’t AA. “Just saying”.

2 Likes

Best of luck on your application Ssingh9.

Didn’t know ssingh up until 24h ago, when i met him ingame (i play as bish0p btw)
Great guy imo, i voted l5 on your app, gl :granger:

i’ll vouch too

Hey @ssingh9 Good Luck!

:slight_smile: :quake:

*You first joined these forums 3 days ago. What are your thoughts about this website so far? How long have you been playing on the GrangerPub game server?

I’ve been playing on the game server for only a week or so now, since I realised it was a viable and operational replacement for AA in terms of playability once my good friend amz181 had told me it was up. The website/forum seems somewhat confusing at first (trust levels?) but sleek and doesn’t seem to have too steep a learning curve.

*How long have you been away from Trem? Why did you take a break?

I’m currently in med school so time is somewhat limited, but I have about 4-5k hours since around 2008. I take breaks a lot since I tend to binge-play a lot. I can’t promise I’ll be THE most active admin, but I’ll be around. To be honest, I quit after AA went down since I thought the game was actually dead and never coming back, so it’s been the better part of a year. To see GP have 20-30 players on at any one point consistently (even if it is via any client or version of the game) is a nice surprise. I saved my config and files so have all my old maps, qkey, scripts, etc.

*What was your highest admin level on AA?

I think Powa set me L9 at highest. Generally I was L7-9: always hidden from !listplayers and capable of !ban, !listadmins, etc. - I forget what my exact level was when I quit. I was L5 on BB.

*What are your thoughts about the current environment and atmosphere on the GrangerPub game server? Do you have suggestions for how we can improve its environment & atmosphere?

I enjoy playing and don’t have any serious concerns, although the constant talk from some individuals about how Obama is a lizard reptile Freemason/the moon landings were faked by the Iraqis/Jews are secretly in control of the new world order does feel like it has a better place. Still, to each his own.

Have you read over the game server rules ( GrangerHub Forum - Tremulous Forums ), and the GrangerHub Code of Conduct ( FAQ - GrangerHub Forum )? Do you have any question/comments/concerns/suggestions regarding those documents?

I have, and they all seem like good rules/codes. The “Have a “Yes, AND…” attitude.” was the only one that I struggled to comprehend since “avoiding ‘no’ thoughts that disrupt collaboration by shifting the focus of the conversation from creative to analytical” seems rather out-of-the-box for an FPS game server, but I guess there are situations in which it could apply.

I’d just like to say that it’s perfectly valid to have not met me, I did only really play on AA when I was properly active. Can’t believe I’ve not met Bishop before, one of the better lucis in the game tbh. Also thanks for everyone’s vouches/support, I appreciate it.

1 Like

I don’t agree with the “Yes, and” Attitude (either?) but i don’t think this is the place nor the time to discuss it. I’d be happy to discuss it, preferably on an admin section of forums, but i’m glad you put the effort in to read the CoC, even though most of those rules should already be known be anyone that finished kindergarten. Again good luck on app, i have no doubt it will pass :granger:

1 Like

Yeah that’s fair enough, I thought I’d just mention since I was asked.

1 Like

Thanks, ssing.

welcome ssingh ^^ sry but med school doesn’t qualify u b/c as u can see we need more tremulous lawyers. lol

Thanks for your response. By the way when quoting someone you simply highlight the text you would like to to quote and a small popup should appear to “quote reply”.

Good luck on your application and welcome back.

Forgot about this, apologies. Passed level 5.