Petition to remove Thanatos from the rotation

Illuminati confirmed

Current Map Rotation For GrangerPub US East:

There is more than enough atcs in rotation 2, but for some bizarre reason bird votes for atcs ALWAYS pass, so having 1 more ATCS in the rotation is not worth it when bird plays, because its a constant ATCS playing anyways :wink:.

I’ll search for an ATCS like map to recommend, right now I can only think of one but I’m sure the majority is going to turn it down.

Edit: Sedna-beta4

9 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion about GrangerPub’s Server Rotation

Replace it with atcs.
In fact… replace all of the ‘‘atcs’’ maps with the default version.
In fact in fact… Change the rotation to only acts when there are less than or equal to 10 players in the server. Two verse three with five specs on any other map is terrible.

2 Likes

When I said ATCS like map I meant a base symmetric map. Not a map like niveus, tremor, arachnid, etc.

I propose Sedna map.

Simple solution: replace it with nothing. Just remove thanatos.

2 Likes

Personally I don’t hate it, nor do I like it. I think its okay. Its decently sized for both teams (humans love big spaces where aliens love small spaces with walls blocking off visibility), both bases has atleast 2 ways to get inside and its not ATCS. Thats decent in my book.

I’m not too keen on having less maps, though I do understanding culling the ones that a server doesn’t need. Perhaps if someone is willing to explain why Thanatos is cancerous, it would be easier to have an opinion about it.

1 Like

Yeah you weren’t joking, you really don’t understand sarcasm

Thanatos is quite OK with my opinion, because that building is pretty like it with moving pistons and piston sounds, but some people said really don’t like this mapping, and I don’t know how I can to do the decision, so I choose give up for voting it and I’m neutral.

-Bump.

1 Like

Over 65% (a map vote majority on the sever) want thanatos removed from the rotation entirely. @dGr8LookinSparky

1 Like

100% of the server and forum population voted that they either want thanatos removed, or really want thanatos removed - sparkylogic2k16

1 Like

“i’d give you a like on your post, but the fact that you missed quotation marks really spoils the fun for me.”

• DGr8Looking “Doesn’tGetToTheFuckingPointNorRespondToCriticism” Sparky 2k16

That is a biased poll, with no options for having Thanatos remain on the server nor a neutral option, with only 9 votes, hardly anywhere close to “100% of the server and forum population”. I can get more votes than that to remove atcs from the rotation on GrangerPub, that doesn’t mean I should nor would remove ATCS from GrangerPub’s rotation based on such votes.

Was that from a single poll 30 second poll vote? How many unique players voted in that poll? What time of day did that poll take place? How many unique players were on the server? How many of those players even noticed such a poll?

@Hero , what about that? I have not seen any arguments that address in the detail the quality (or lack there of) of the map Thanatos on the GrangerPub server. I have played the map many times on GrangerPub, I don’t see a deficit in its quality from my personal experiences that would warrant its removal. If you do, then make a thorough enough case about its quality (or lack there of), more than just saying that it is bad/cancerous/etc, give reasons, because not everyone has the same opinion.

It should be the other way around. If a map is to get into the rotation, it should be a good, popular map that is relatively balanced, given its size. Personally, I think a thorough case should be made for why it (and every other map) should be kept in the rotation.

I’ve been saying for months that the rotation needs to have maps removed, and I’ve given you lists several times. If another thread is created then we (as a community) can identify maps to keep in the rotation.

1 Like

How would “good” and “popular” be determined? In the case of Thanatos, none of the individuals advocating its removal even mentioned anything about balance, nor pointed out any reasons for the map being unbalanced, if it is as such.

Whether it’s good or not is decided by general consensus. In terms of balance, unless there are lots of good players on the alien team, the humans (tend to) gain an advantage early on because of the long open areas, and the two exits to the alien base, both of which are easy to camp. I would say that, because of this, thanatos isn’t a great map - the humans can get to the alien base very quickly and lock it down very easily, and there are lots of hiding spots that protect against larger aliens. The bases are also pretty terrible for both teams.

Most of the time it ends up being a rantwhore and lucispam+chainsuit-ledge-camp-fest, which makes for pretty miserable gameplay.

Oh I forgot, your personal bias toward menace meant you likely skipped over his post even though he always provides great insight.[quote=“dGr8LookinSparky, post:24, topic:1377”]
That is a biased poll
[/quote]As I mentioned in my PM to you, this is a petition, not a discussion. The poll was meant to be asinine.[quote=“dGr8LookinSparky, post:24, topic:1377”]
with only 9 votes, hardly anywhere close to “100% of the server and forum population”
[/quote]You really have poor perceptive abilities. That was me mocking your flawed logic in the atcs poll thread.

1 Like

His statement that the map does not translate as well to 1.1 (whether or not it is true) is an unsupported claim. He did not go into any detail into why it doesn’t play well on 1.1 game play while it plays well on gpp.

And thus has no value in any decision, even though you referred to it as such in a post.

You have genuinely provided nothing to this thread.

1 Like