Raising funds for GrangerHub!

I agree with you.

Skins are stupid and only self noticeable (assumably). Purchasing colours enables the spender to lord said colours over the general populous which would in turn incite more donations. Buying colours is fine, for the right price.

Grangers with hats. Paying for name colours is bullshit.

Also we could make buildable skins that only whoever paid for them can build.

i love that, i would buy one as well

I’m a little late here. I don’t mind hosting. I use to run a hosting company, so it wouldn’t be nothing to put a server up.

3 Likes

did u mean to say that with these corrections ?

Yes. I was visiting from mobile. I don’t have time for corrections.

6 Likes

Play larger maps 32+ and ask new users/players to give money.
Call it Massive Map Monday. (change the server name)

and direct users to donation link in pm
task level 3+ admins with this.

3 Likes

So demand a ransom for them to get smaller maps back? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch merch
:smiley:

Grangerhub branded of course!

6 Likes

Some ideas:

When 1.3 does come out (and believe me, it will) maybe donors can be allowed to use a command on themselves to change like their weapon model or something? Or minor changes like ( ex. Granger with tophat and monocle) (I don’t know if model changing should be allowed, as it will make the donor stand out and possibly break the game)

Special taunts? I remember TF2 used a similar thing, albeit with paid items instead
 I dunno what such taunts would be though (once again non-gameplay disruptive)

Custom donator icon/tag and perhaps they can set a join/leave message with !setjoin/!setleave “message”, IRC style

Yeah I am with weapon skins, but really I have to agree with @MaeJong about colours.

Custom death animations (non-gameplay disruptive) & buildable skins

Donors get a killstreak tracker to track their current killing-spree. It ends when they die or perform a teamkill. (actually I think everyone should be able to use this, but we can discuss, yes?)

Autorespawn?

Access to a donor’s lounge. (don’t know if there should be a donorserver, probably not)

Lemme think about a few potential premium “fun” commands:

-/equip (reskinning weapons)
-/me (Third person actions eg. “Cheese ate a provolone.”)
-/explode (/kill with style!)
-/duel (Challenge another player to a duel, if they accept the one who has the most kills/assists vs their opponent at the end of the round wins. A player can only have one duel active a time.)

3 Likes
1 Like

there r better schemes. most importantly, those that have blindly donated to GrangerHub, should be forced to have jackass appearances, to signify that their (and thus the community’s) cash has been wasted by DICKBUTTs. u have to realize that DICKBUTTs r absolutely careless, negligent idiots when it comes to spending cash efficiently.

I agree. Anyone who blindly donates should be given Dragoon avatars.

I look forward to you starting a new thread expanding on this idea further.

1 Like

Do I get a to choose a gif as my profile image? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey could we add a tremulous currency? we could have in-game purchases for things like player skins and gun skins. We could also have a special guns for donaters that donate for example an amount of 15 dollars.

If something like that was done, such guns should not make a difference in the game play, otherwise we would have a “pay to play” situation which greatly ruins the quality games.

1 Like

there is already a „pay to play” state of affair: buy a good rig ⇒ get moved up in the scoreboard. (partially fortunately, a good rig can also be used for non-gaming, albeit at lower cost-efficiency.)

No the change would be put in just to change the look/appearance of the player itself in game.
This would be for the sole purpose of style.

Also it gives another cool little thing that would make a the donation a bit more useful in peoples eyes.

oh and maybe like cool bullets like the regular rifles bullets could be like steam punk style. (would not change stats)

1 cool skin would be the chaingun as like connected as part of the arm of the character and when shot it shoots a continuous ray of plasma.

2 Likes