Rifle detailed guide [DRAFT - Almost ready yay]

Shouldn’t this be 0% spread?

Consider adding in Luci + rifle as a viable pair.

You should stress maintaining distance and the high ground.

Also rifle is about 60% movement and 40% aim. People like Caesar have great aim, while people like Cerk have great movement. I can guarantee you Cerk is the more effective rifle player (when facing dretches).

I like the positions you’ve suggested.

1 Like

Exact, thanks for pointing it out. I crossed accuracy and spread. (Which r the same but inverted on Q3)

Extra note: Calculating spread in %age is WRONG and the real maths aren’t easy, but 0% means no spread so it’ll work.

lowest spread behind the lasgun and the mass driver (which have none - 100% accuracy if you prefer)

It is viable but not really a notable combo such as having MD+luci or chaingun+luci. There isn’t much to say about it. (Unless you did have something in mind; which could be that the lcannon will tear a new asshole to most big aliens allowing rifle to be globally more useful)

Edit:

[color=CDFF00]Lucifer cannons:[/color] So-so. The lcannon will be a huge threat and deal great damage to anything getting close, allowing you to eventually take out weakened goons, maras, and splashed dretches easily with your range. Indirectly, lucis will make rifles more efficient at AS3 by regulating the number of big aliens. The downside is that the lcannon as a front line won’t be able to help you much (splash TK, slow projectiles), and the rifle by itself won’t do much against good marauders, decent/good dragoons or rants if they get through. The MD will outclass rifle badly at taking dretches out and making money from them, but the rifle is more forgiving. Good marauders may totally counter a rifle/luci duo.
Always stay atleast a good few meters behind lucis and make use of your range and burst.

Adding this in.

I re-organized the tips section, ordered things from most to least important/extra knowledge, and re-wrote a bunch of them (way) more clearly.

Also added this to the suggested strategies:

3 - You can also use the grenade to deny aliens’ access to a zone. Throw the grenade out in front of them so they see it and shoot them to apply damage pressure. You may gain anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds with this, and can be used to split groups of aliens (1 engaged, others denied). Staying close to the nade should keep them away from you. Again, the rifle is an amazing weapon in this situation.

Needs a last little check and it should be good to go.

Note to self: The nade part should be part of the grenade guide and referenced to in this guide (and other weapon guides), rather than having all those techniques entirely explained on each weapon (and take extra space for nothing) - rather, refer the user to the grenade guide and say ‘X grenade technique is an interesting option with this gun’. I’ll take care of that later – not a big deal.

I’ll start writing the dretch guide draft in a little bit.