Tremulous 1.3 source code availability and other server communities

So Tremulous 1.3 will be available with our forums? But New Edge will also have it? :confused:

Billy, i don’t care about New EDGE, but when code is released, then any can port own mod to new trem, make multiprotocol support for own mod

but in mainly New EDGE died.

Sorry :stuck_out_tongue: , I just saying, I really hate New Edge as Yalt (now Matth) was disbanded it and now he’s supported our team, because Kai was pretty excessive person and he really don’t care about simplified custom mapping as he removed it for no reason, I was it, I really hate him as he completely removed my mapping and discontinued for release to New Edge, except GrangerHub.

Agrees.

Btw want joke? one my friend is predicted the New EDGE death in May-Jun 2015 (as Fact New EDGE died on August-September 2015) so he predicted NEDGE death when New EDGE has all time 15+ ppls in-game, when no GrangerPub (only test7341)

:smiley:

btw in mainly i love New EDGE features, but yes KAI, biggest of ЯETARDz

After the initial release - any project will be free to use the source code for any purpose, as defined by the license which will be used - GPLv2.

This means New Edge and all mods can be ported to the new code base, or bits of the code base can be reused in other things.

One of the benefits of this happening is that we will have some new systems that will help address old problems that ANY server or Tremulous related community might encounter. By fixing some issues in software, players will have a better time overall, and admins will have an easier job.

Lastly, GrangerHub is a prototype. Things like its rules and policies will be updated for the next version of Trem, and they’ll be published for everyone to freely reuse and modify for their own servers.

4 Likes