Tremulous Death release date

Dictionaries say:

to continue to exist or live

Well, shit.

They’d be doing a better job even if they hadn’t done anything. They are doing shit however. You’re talking without knowing about the situation better, so I can only hold the bullshit spreading from _some people_™ accountable, and not you personally.

By getting mad at the competition the day they steal their playerbase, kicking every one of their mods that they think is affiliated with them, and using the bullshit excuse that “Tremulous is not in good hands with Enneract” and “You might get trolled by Afftk again!”1 as their motive to kick me out.

1: That happened days prior to them taking my moderation rights away. The “holyshit u’re escalating stuff so much!” is invalid, as they have willingly not moderated censored defamation against members of the Tremulous community but my formal, honest non-vulgar answers to them instantly. Rather; only when the situation actually escalated on the “I’m getting shit from Sparky, that disallows me to take action properly from my position, when I’m supposed to do something” had they decided to do something. The best part is Afftk is yet to receive sanctions for his actions and sockpuppeting.

4 Likes

@avarthar returns from his ritual months of inactivity to kindly inform us all of the current situation. Your valuable insight and understanding on this topic is very much appreciated. You should work at CNN.

All jokes aside, you are WRONG.

4 Likes

Wait, what?

Yes, and that’s been the bullshit they’ve been bashing at my face over and over for a good time now.

if you asked me if tremulous and the players are in ‘good hands’ with enneract - the answer would be No.

Also Sparky’s famous

You are being deceived.

I appreciate their attempts at deciding what my personal judgement should be for me, but really I’m not exactly into following bullshit blindly.

2 Likes

Context?

Telling him that the multiprotocol-code you’ve made before their release was an actual thing. He got pissed at me for implying that it wasn’t thanks to him. In reality, the bastard should’ve been thankful to DevHC for actually allowing them to use the multiprotocol code he made prior to GrangerHub’s existence; and also for giving him those day-long lectures about C to get him back into coding.

Very nice (unconsulted, slapped-on bullshit!) move of him to block DevHC out of the repo, by the way.

(for those who are unaware) GrangerHub took Devhc’s code and then booted him from their repo, development team and admin team.

1 Like

Oh yes forgot to mention they’re accusing him of leaking their code when in fact, he only shared his SELF-MADE, multiprotocol code to Zittrig.

Removed

See you again soon (again)

2 Likes

No, however Oblivion did attack Zittrig, and from my point of view, resigned from GrangerHub to cancel out any affiliation accusations the moment he was found out.

Literally all Zittrig has done was host a server, and suddenly they’re Hitlers. Why?1

1: Rhetorical question.

1 Like

The irony here is thick and the fake outrage is astonishing.1

So, this in fact shows that @DevHC didn’t contribute anything (code-wise) to GrangerHub, since he made this code ~2 years prior.

Thanks, GNU GPL!
DevHC had access to the repo (until recently) where he continued… to DO Nothing! 2

In case you forgot, he took a VACATION™ because he was butthurt that I wouldn’t PERMANENTLY BAN Cerk for name trolling.

Which is hilarious, since it was DevHC’s wish for the code to be TOP SECRET™ in the first place, to keep it away from @enneract, especially.

And so therefor @enneract (already having his own multiprotocol code) trolling @dGr8LookinSparky about not having that code released, under the pretense that he was somehow being screwed out of something by not having access to it - was not only inappropriate, it only served to harass and delay our development progress, which makes it pretty douchey thing to do.

@avarthar desiring to leave; after pointing out the garbage attitudes from people here (ex-mods, devs of competing projects), and being met with more garbage only validates the intention of his post here.

3 Likes

I’m glad I’ve saved up logs from everything, because this was all a foreseeable future.

Nothing =/= leaking code which was the primary reason for his booting.

Trolled by your own policies.

And since it’s HIS code, he does what he want of it, therefore this statement is void.

Quote from DevHC: took roughly 40 hours to complete multiprotocol code. Aka, the near-entirety of the thread isn’t trolling.

I wonder why all the ex-mods left, either mad at your shit, or from unconsulted, slapped-on bullshit decisions; likely both.

2 Likes

It was the least I could do after getting censored and insulted multiple times on this wonderful constructive-criticism-oriented harassment-free forum.

Edit: and the code wasn’t done yet when I was posting in the unreleased code thread.

1 Like

Nah the least you could do would have been to stay the hell away. OR, follow up on your statements that you would actually contribute code once it was available…

Your trolling at the time may have been off-topic and so it got moderated aka ‘censored’.

HOLY SHIT - AND NOW MAYBE… JUST MAYBE, YOU CAN SEE WHY OUR CODE TOO, WAS…

UNRELEASED

WRONG. He was ‘booted’ because he did JACK SHIT. If you have anything to show that proves otherwise, please do share.

Is that the fucking answer to everything? I’m hearing this way too much.

https://forum.grangerhub.org/t/removal-of-access-to-private-grangerhub-development-stuff/3699

He was recently re-added to the repo after asking Sparky, when it had moved. Based on this, and the fact that Sparky hasn’t mentioned any other reason, I can safely say Sparky booted him solely for leaking shit, which is WRONG and BULLSHIT.

This in no way shows anything to back up your statement:

Leaking code is not mentioned here at all, and I don’t believe Sparky even knew about it at that time.
BUTT, it also doesn’t show anything that disproves my statement:

Therefor you r WRONG.

WRONG and BULLSHIT.

TIL criticism is not welcome here after all. Man, I wish everyone who disagrees with me could just go away too.

I don’t get the trolling accusations, by the way. You probably wouldn’t be in this situation if you listened to me and released the code early instead of pretending you cared about the community.

It’s a bit too late for that now, isn’t it? There’s nothing to contribute to anymore.

I don’t get it. You had no problems releasing that alpha version which didn’t even compile.

To set the record straight, DevHC was fired from GrangerHub’s development team by me, as my judgement call that is membership of the team was an unhealthy relationship. Not that he really acted in the capacity of a team member on the dev team since he took his “VACATION™” a year and a half ago, but he didn’t have to participate if he didn’t want to, it is his decision to spend his free time however he wishes.

This decision had nothing to do with whatever assistance DevHC may or may not have provided to any other project. This decision is based entirely on his membership of the team being more harmful than helpful in my opinion, particularly related to his behavior. But there is nothing preventing DevHC from contributing to Tremulous independently from GrangerHub’s development team, either on some other team, or on his own. That’s the power of Tremulous being GPLv2+

We (i.e. @romdos and myself) have also fired some people from the forum moderation team who we felt were no longer right for the position, and whose continued membership was counterproductive towards the purpose of the forum moderation team.

Among the responsibilities and powers of a is decide who is and isn’t on the team (among the people willing to be on the team), to best fulfill the objectives of that team. Project managers of a hobby have the right to choose who they want to work with on private teams in their spare time, just like how “non-project managers” have the right to choose which teams they want to spend their free time being a part of, or choose to work completely independently, or choose to start their own team(s).

Tremulous being Free and Open Source Software allows for all those options to occur in the Tremulous community, and allows for many independent projects related to Tremulous to coexist, and I think that is a very awesome aspect.

Did we make a mistake in firing any of the people we did (I don’t think so), time will tell based on what results we produce. But as a project manager on a private hobby project that I don’t get paid to be a part of, I owe no one an explanation on my choices in who I want to and not want to work with on such teams.

With that said, it is also clear that some people participating in the forums have been greatly deviating from the comunity guidelines, who are more interested in maliciously trolling/greifing/harassing, derailing topics, spreading misinformation, as well as personally attacking other members, causing/escalating drama.

All I have to say about that is that if those individuals don’t start respecting the community guidelines, I will start to issue some forum suspensions. Perhaps that kind of action might be unpopular among a certain percentage of forum members, perhaps we may even lose some members at the moment as a result, but if it is necessary to maintain a good environment and get the focus back on getting awesome things done here, instead of drama garbage, then that action will be done.

3 Likes