TRY ME Tremulous client with gl2 Renderer!

Thank for the information DevHC.

Now we all know.

I apparently wasn’t thinking. Though none of this information was anywhere to be found prior.

Regarding, the tremulous protocols. Master is using the string “Tremulous” no more numbered protocols| grangerPUB (s/hub/pub/g) does not work with that. Anyway, the behavior I was seeing (69 publish/71 enforce) was honestly what I was seeing. I don’t know why, because as you say (and verifiable with 1.1 client working and gpp client working) It supports all 3.

But it doesn’t matter.

DevHC,

Ok, so you’ve got a multiprotocol server side. Why isn’t there an multiprotocol client? (Or is there)

TODO (assigned to: <insert_random_d00d_here>): write this information somewhere.

WRONG. Tremulous will be using the DarkPlaces master server software (used by ioQuake3 and derived mods, deployed at master.ioquake3.org), in which each game (mod) is identified a string. however, currently:

so GrangerPub uses the old-style master servers of master.tremulous.net, not the new-style ones of master.ioquake3.org; just like 1.1 and GPP clients. and this is how it will be until master.grangerpub.com is deployed. PROBLEM ?

wtf is „69 publish / 71 enforce” ? the server advertizes 3 access points, each being an IPA&port pair, and the master server sees them as 3 distinct servers; in fact, it’s not the case that 1 master server handles all 3 protocols. if u request protocol-70 game servers from the appropriate master server, then that’s what u’ll get. if u request protocol-71 game servers from the appropriate master server, then that’s what u’ll get. ie., for GrangerPub, u’ll get the same IPA, but different ports per protocol. even then, u r allowed to connect to any port, and the protocol number that u specified in ur client’s userinfo will be used.

there is. it’s just not public yet (neither is the server).