Why are you still playing with a 1.1.0 client?

I use 1.1.0 because I tried 1.2 and didn’t like it. And I also don’t care.

Tremfusion is a million times better

Because I’ve never heard of “your latest build” before.

Because I want to play Tremulous and the easiest way to do that was Google > Tremulous.net Files > Download > Install Tremulous 1.1. I didn’t choose GPP because fuck GPP.

Dead servers because of low player population.

I don’t.

I don’t have your latest build.

I don’t have your latest build.

I don’t have your latest build. Btw, excellent argument you’ve put forward thats backed by multiple facts.

I don’t fucking have your latest build.

What is the point of this thread?

3 Likes

Thanks, for the great feedback, eloquently put lads.

1 Like

Read the instructions and try it.

2 Likes

No problemo. Its alot easier to make feedback than program actual content.

Sweet.

1 What client are you using?

Various, mostly gpp because i’m used to it and its my default client (loads fast, no bull).
For testing new features: glowfish-test-client.

Besides the ability to connect to a bunch of dead servers; why do you want 1.1.0 clients?

I don’t care about multiprotocol. Srsly i think its a downgrade. The slacker qvm doesn’t work smoothly with gpp and gfx settings are problematic.

• My latest build shows 2x frame rate (with gl2 render) over tremfusion
  • Looks pretier
  • Just better
    So why?

Maybe this whole thread it pointless because of

1# Only a minority wants to upgrade / is able to do that
2# Many others don’t want because their crappy pcs doesn’t allow that and / or simply suffer from a ‘play only old trem’ compulsion neurosis. I mean, if ppl ninja-vote change maps or end maps fast (decon or rush) because ‘it looks like crap’ but in the end it wasn’t the map but their old client who doesn’t work with newer features you know what type of ppl you deal with.

I wish ghub would be more focused on new players and not licking asses of so many old players who doesn’t deserve a better trem because of their duchebagy-behavior.

I’m sure you will never please these type of ppl. Just leave them behind and move forward.

2 Likes

How is the corresponding technical quality of your traditional gpp client with the test7341 server (also a multiprotocol server) compared to purely gpp servers?

& this is y i use 1.1 too

The test Server works great with gpp. Its just the pup Server that causes problems.

Mostly used GPP for me, because it have wide screen ratio function and I like it to view very good graphics, and even more wider, more better. :wink:

1.3 is also like it, but it just test version, so I’m not sure if Sparky are done for it.

Interesting.

2 Likes

Because I’m more used to it and I love it more than 1.2 ^^

^^^ me 2

yeah screw all the people who have kept this game going for 10 years. forget those people. forget the loyal fan-base, we don’t need them.

make better maps matth

5 Likes

this is the same “loyal” fanbase (on Tremulous.net) that went completely fucking ape shit when Amanieu first announced his new TremFusion client and everyone thought he was secretely trying to undermine the soon-to-be-released Tremulous v1.2 next Thursday. I know I’m not the only person who remembers this clusterfuck

every single person active on this forum who knows anything about this glorified Quake 3 mod of a TEN FUCKING YEAR OLD game must legitimately exist somewhere on the autism spectrum

FUCK EVERYONE

ITS TIME TO LET IT GO

For the playerbase to completely transition to a new client the following needs to occur:

• The new client must have a better quality than all previous clients

• The new client must perform at least as well on any current player’s computer as any of the old clients

• The new client must be playable on all players’ current favorite Trem servers

• The new client must be easy to find and download

• The new client must be easy to install

• Last and certainly not least, the new client must include an updater so that it would no longer be a big deal to move forward when there are future updates.

1 Like

Sssh.

An analytical person might read your post and find out what secrets are being conjured in the lava pits.

Nothing to see here, folks. Keep playing your 1.1 clients. :police_car:

as far as i remember? i don’t have the best memory regarding this, but it was mostly the trem DEVS that were throwing a fit over tremfusion.