Zombie mod gibs

Hi, so far I have got gibs to work on the zombie mod and they are working on the Z server that is currently running. However, they are scripted under the “alienBleedPS” which means that the gibs are being displayed when the zombies are taking damage, and not when they’re killed (which is how I want it to be) I understand that I am using the wrong particle system but I’m not sure what else to use. If anyone could at least point me in the correct direction that would be great. Cheers :slight_smile:

The code currently used for the gibs : alienEvolvePS{ ejector { particle { shader sync gfx/spr - Pastebin.com

3 Likes

That should help.

2 Likes

<3 .

3 Likes

No problem buddy. :smiley:

2 Likes

Which particle system you use shouldn’t affect when gibing occurs. With that said, you could use the latest human gibs assets for 1.3 that can be found in the latest “aaa-data” pk3 on GrangerLab or Unitremia (just make sure you include the appropriate license and attribution(s) for the assets you use as indicated in that pk3). You can probably get away with using the same gibs for both the Zombie team and the Human team.

I would have to see your code to know for sure, but it sounds like you have the gibing occur when the zombie is damaged, rather than when it dies. Here is the relevant gibing code we have in 1.3 currently (note that the main reason it has code in the game module is to allow gibing ungibed corpses):

GIB_HEALTH:

EV_GIB_PLAYER:

STAT_FLAGS:

SFL_GIBBED:

cg_blood:

humanGibPS:

CG_GibPlayer( ):

GibEntity( ):

body_die( ):

player_die( ):

3 Likes