Multiprotocol Aussie Assault

Update (December 7, 2019): The public repos for this mod and its development enviroment are respectively located at these urls (you only need to clone the development environment repo, when you first initialize that development environment and then run the update script, part of the script automatically clones the actual mod source into the correct location):

I’m working on a new multiprotocolized version of Aussie Assault. It running is on a temporary server in Germany called “Temporary Aussie Assault Test Server”. After some testing and fine tuning I’ll publish the repo along with a new Multiprotocol Development Environment in about a week from now, at which point others can take over the development of this particular mod. I’ll update this first post with a link to the repo once it is published.

In the meantime feel free to post requests for features/improvements/fixes on this thread, and I’ll see what I can do about implementing over this next week. After I publish this repo, I personally probably won’t be actively working on it much, so be sure to get your requests in now!

Changes so far:

• Multiprotocol support for 1.1, gpp, and 1.3 clients to connect.
  • Max chat character length is extended to allow for the max characters you can type in the console (which is very nice for my greetings).
  • Shrinkable barricades ported from gpp.
  • The medistation regenerates stamina.
  • Stamina is renderated while using the jetpack.
  • Velocity is preserved from evolving.
  • Poison is preserved from evolving.
  • The booster timer resets as soon as you touch the booster, so you don’t have to wait to run out of poison to reset it.
  • The old server side demo code in the game logic is disabled since the 1.3 tremded doesn’t currently support server side demos, but that is on our todo for 1.3 and after we get that support in the tremded, the support in this mod’s game logic could always be added back in.

TODO:

3 Likes

I do have an idea,we should have it so that the colour codes such as ^1 do not contribute towards the length of the name.

1 Like

That could be possible, as it looks like the names are managed all in the cgame, ui, game, and server, but the client doesn’t seem to touch them directly.

I didn’t get a chance to find time to polish this code the way I wanted to, but I do have something stable that works that can be used to host decent quality multiprotocol Aussie Assault servers. This includes a complete development environment for hosting and developing a server for the mod. The README in the development environment should be complete enough to figure out how to configure the setup and how to use the scripts. I would have preferred to put all of the development environment scripts into a single script, but again I couldn’t find the time to do that. Perhaps others may want to improve on this mod and its development environment, and if you do feel free to submit pull requests to these repos on GrangerHub’s github account.

I updated the original post with links to these public repos.

What is the proper tremded to be used to host this mod?

2 Likes

The one included in this repo:

But if you use the development environment repo for this mod, the scripts in that repo will automatically pull and use that source for the tremded (and install the tremded in the proper location), and do the same with the mod source.

2 Likes