Release: evillair's eX texture pack repackage

Welcome back to Trem Odin :smiley: !

could you split this pk3 up into multiple pk3 files? There is a bug with Trem servers where the download of pk3 files that are larger than 32 MB freeze when it gets to 32 MB. There is still a significant percentage of the playerbase who use the 1.1 stock client from Tremulous.net that can only download directly from the server. Also given their download rate it would be more manageable for them to download lets say four 10.5 MB pk3 files gradually introduced over a couple of weeks :wink: .

A player won’t be downloading this from the server so I don’t think the size restriction is needed.

If there are going to be maps that will be using this texture pack as a dependency, wouldn’t players who don’t have this texture pack experience missing textures for those maps?

Yeah, I forgot about that bug. I can split the pack up, easy.

I’ve split it in two. The first pack is all diffusemap textures. The second pack is normalmaps and specularmaps, along with eX.shader and eX.mtr. I put eX.shader into the second pack because I was afraid the second pack might not automatically download, as I’m not sure if mtr files will trigger downloads of missing files at that point in connecting to the server.

1 Like

If I were to add these two packs to the same base folder we keep the custom maps on a server, would their download be triggered when a map that depends on them is played, or would I have to place those packs in the fs_game directory to ensure that people would download them if they don’t have them regardless of which map is played? If possible, it definitely would be preferable to have them in the base directory so that once people have them, it would work for any server.

It should download them if they are needed by the map. You should do whatever you need to do to get people to download them.

1 Like

I guess we will find out for sure when we have a trem map that uses them :wink: .

I’m thinking of rebuilding ATCSHD with it.

1 Like

I’ve corrected an issue with one of the materials. Please download texturepack-eX-gl2-06172016-1.pk3.

Just as a heads up, some players are very sensitive about even a pixel being out of place on their precious atcs :wink: .

Corrected some more issues.

1 Like

I’ll probably fuck with this pack a good bit once updated clients are common amongst the playerbase.

Tremulous 1.1.0 is fully supported.

1 Like

Technically yes; my problem is that they are still relatively heavy files and the download speed allowed currently isn’t really fast enough to deal with files this size efficiently, combined with not being able to separate the pk3s and some GL2 features apparently (to me atleast, fullbright isn’t appealing) downtuning the map’s looks on 1.1 (I don’t want to have to balance the graphics between 2 different versions of the renderer, all or nothing kinda). The former is the reason I brought up the 256 sized version on IRC aswell.

They aren’t fullbright on 1.1.0. They support lighmaps. Try eXcs in 1.1.0.

Tried it and ended up fullbright for a reason that is beyond me. Checked that I enabled lightmaps and not just vertex lights. No idea.

We could just package this texture set (and others) into base data included when installing trem, as a shared texture packs(s) (pk3 dependencies) instead of using “default” map texture sets and maps depending on other map
Pk3s. Any texture sets from the map(s) used to assemble a shared texture pack would be reconfigured to use the shared pack, leaving just a bundle of bsps, external lightmaps (hopefully) and config files to distribute as the “default” maps.

r_lightmap 0 ?

Try the following: r_fullbright 0; r_lightmap 0