Disorganized development team

i noticed the recent pre-release alpha, but found that its completion status has hardly advanced compared to that of 1.5 years ago. some reasonably important development tasks for the pre-release have still not been done. i asked @dgr: „what about […] ?” i received a response that demonstrates that

• @dGr8LookinSparky doesn’t operate by the real reasons for keeping the development private, but rather his own reasons; and that
  • the pre-release alpha is crappy, and has been rushed out in an attempt to solve one of his personal issues.

when i called out @dGr8LookinSparky for the team’s negligence, i received no response in 5 days. the unanswered post contains detailed explanations for the above.

and as has been shown elsewhere, the link to the exact source code is incomplete, the compilation process is obscure and slow, the client is crashy when it comes to connecting to modded servers, and setting up multi-protocol serving is undocumented. torture, bad impressions and support requests for now, and u’re still going to have to solve these key issues eventually — congratulations.

it is my position that a proper developmentteam-structure should not allow such level of disorganization, and hence this thread. i have always criticized DICKBUTTs and their followers for disasterous issues, but this specifically focuses on the development team.

update: there was a response after the 5 days.

@DevHC , feel free to contribute new code to address the issues.

3 Likes

this thread is not about solving user issues with software changes, but about team organization that does not lend itself to creation of the said user issues from the beginning.

Well, since a substantial amount of the CODEZ™ is now publicly available, more than just GrangerHub’s internal development team can contribute towards getting 1.3 ready for the full release. Independent contributors can help out with the client, updater, and tremded issues. While we have indeed made a lot of progess, and have made some significant accomplishments. We will however look into and work on improving the efficiency and structures of our internal development team.

as if the PROBLEM was that ppl would contribute, but didn’t have access to any source code. WRONG !!!1! there were no fucking outside („independent”) contributors, and — as u should have expected — there r still none.

post information here as S00N™(R)(C) as something gets planned or immediately done.

current speculation: the real reason for GrangerHub releasing the 1.3 pre-alpha code in its then-current (and still) abysmal state, was that GrangerHub noticed an independent multi-protocol server, @enneract’s Der Bunker, emerge, and GrangerHub desperately wanted to avoid @enneract et al taking the credit for releasing the first multi-protocol server code.

this is supported by the recognition that Der Bunker had (partially) independent (non-1.3) multi-protocol code, and ofc by the fact the 1.3 pre-alpha release showed up without any reasonable preamble, and was evidently rushed.