GHub Olympian Registry [ACROBATICS/MOVEMENT EFFICIENCY]

Welcome Olympians. The games will feature another competition - Parkour/Acrobatics/Movement Efficiency.

These competitions will be held on “puzzle” or “mission” maps and will be scored on the time that they were completed in.

The list of maps I personally see viable upon first thought are

• Mission1b7
  • Mission Impossible
  • Mudkip
  • Mission Edge
  • Searchb7b
  • Gauntlet
  • Death Run b53

If anyone has map suggestions they are welcome to voice them in the reply section, the council is open to suggestion.

This competition is pretty simple:

You’ll get 3 runs/team for a total of 6 runs per Olympian on each and every map the Council and players have decided on. You will total your 6 runs and have a time for each map. Shortest time wins the map.

Here’s how to apply.

• IGN:
  • Time Available:

NOTICE

• You need to maintain the IGN you registered with to avoid confusion.

Thank you, and good luck Olympians

-bird

3 Likes

IGN: Shuffle.
Time Available: 10:00-1:00 (10am-1am) UTC

• Why not do both and have a shortest overall time?
  • Will people be able to have a certain number of restarts on each map?

GG.

GG WP.

Add Mission Edge to that list please, it might be the most challenging of mission type maps. Also please add Search b7b, Gauntlet, and Death Run beta53.

IGN: Woodbury
Time Available: Usually between 18:00 until morning.

Please, I want everyone to know my record there :slightly_smiling:, I guess I’ll have to practice mission impossible.
Question: Is known tricks/bugs allowed for playing the map? Ex: changing settings to go through the wall of death in Mission1b7 (I vote F2 for this actually, and play the map how is supposed to be)

I vote no for this map. Not a big fan of Gauntlet either. Search_b7b is fun though.[quote=“Woodbury, post:5, topic:1281”]
Question: Is known tricks/bugs allowed for playing the map?
[/quote]

I vote yes, but don’t really mind. All it does is shorten the time, it’s not like those parts are difficult anyway.

Death Run and Gauntlet are very good maps if the primary focus is parkour proficiency.

We can definitely poll for what maps the contestants want to play. I’ll edit and add your maps, Sparky.

Sounds good, but would you prefer the average between both races of the cumulative?

I’d reckon 1 restart for time constraint, or maybe 2 and you can average the both of them?

Cumulative is better. I would personally allow for 3 runs in total on each team on each map. If you die, that counts as 1 run.

Fair enough, I personally have no interest in this comp if I’m being completely honest but I know you are an avid parkour’er so I’ll trust your judgement.

They’re both maps that rely on there being someone on aliens. This means that each run will be slightly different for each person, and some will get it easier than other, depending on who the alien player is.

The other maps (search/mission1/mission-impossible/mission_edge) don’t require anyone on the opposite team, which makes for fairer and more accurate results.

1 Like

Literally the only “difficult” thing on gauntlet when there aren’t aliens is the 180 degree ladder swap. Nothing else is difficult without buttons being pressed.

There’s also the fact that you cannot actually complete gauntlet without a minimum of two players reaching the end.

Literally the only difference is whether you divide by the total number or not.

Technically yes, but cumulative feels better.

I know that…

Death run is still challenging without buttons being pressed, but yes it is much more challenging with the buttons being pressed. Both death run and gauntlet are legendary classic maps in both 1.1 and gpp, we can’t look into getting professional button pressing trolls for such events, and maybe average the 3 runs for both maps?

It could be a 2 player team event.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Neither map is even somewhat old in the history of Tremulous, and the majority of players have never played either one. They are not even somewhat “classic”. Gauntlet was almost exclusively played on KoRx and GPP, and I don’t even know where deathrun came from, but it wasn’t around for much of the life of 1.1.

Regardless of whether they’re classic or not, they’re both bad.

1 Like

Hey bird, ocular discharge

1 Like

If you know what i mean :>>>>>