GHub Olympics List of Registered Players

Notice: Their listed name will be the name they used on their registry, NOT their forum name.

Timezone Scrims :checkered_flag:

EST:

• Sosa (bird)
  • Hero
  • Ninja
  • Sparky
  • Sonic

PST:

• Craze

GMT:

• Ckit
  • Shuffle
  • Hobbit

UTC +1:

• Torrente

UTC +8:

• BillyRaz0r

UTC +10:

• Frisqy

Proficiency :gun:

• Handsome (Hero)

Acrobatics :runner: :footprints:

• Woodbury
  • Shuffle
1 Like

I’ve been deliberating with Asher and we’ve come to the conclusion that dividing the scrim Olympics by timezone will not work. I’ve come up with two team options, both of which have been approved by Asher.

Scrims team options:

Option 1:

Team 1
Hero
Sosa
Billy
Virus

Team 2
Ckit
Craze
Sparky
Woodbury

Team 3
Ninja
Shuffle
Hobbit
Torrente

Option 2:

Team 1
Hero
Ninja
Woodbury
Virus

Team 2
Ckit
Shuffle
Sparky
Torrente

Team 3
Sosa
Craze
Hobbit
Billy

I’ll keep the two options saved. They look good for now. I’ll maybe make some changes. If I do I’ll post them here so you see what I’d maybe do.

Also, idk if you thought of that but, make sure the teams are made so it is balanced. You probably know the players better than me since I didn’t played trem for a while. But maybe make teams depending on their timezones could be good too.

The ones I made currently are in a 4 team format. Which means 3 players per team. It could be good on a best of 3-4, it would make a bracket like that:

Incase of a team 1 vs team 2 and having team 3 just waiting for the winner of the first rounds.

Both of the options I’ve proposed are balanced.

Great. I’ll save them and send them to the other organizers.

Any update on this?

So @avarthar left, and I haven’t been involved in coordinating this, but afaik trying to group players by country isn’t feasible, it’d be better to group by timezone. So, the ‘Olympics’ concept is flawed and instead it’d be better to just do a world wide tournament. The issue then becomes one of unequal pings to the server hosting the tourney, so multiple servers around the globe may be needed.

Edit: just saw what @Hero wrote a few posts up, that timezone grouping doesn’t work either. So, IMO the semi random grouping of players together into teams is okay as long as average ping of the players on a team aren’t disproportionally high nor low compared to other teams.

1 Like

It might sound stupid, but everyone who is registered should just be put in a pool of players and have something randomly pick the 4 players. IMO that would be pretty fun

1 Like

Im going to assume this was canceled lol

Postponed…

Until when?

We don’t have that answer yet, there are a lot of major high priority things we need to get done in terms of 1.3 and website development in a relatively short amount of time, but a Tremulous Olympics would be something awesome to have. I’ll keep you posted :slight_smile: .

Quick unrelated question, but will 1.3 take over 1.1 on the main servers? I hope not…

What is this?

Oh, I hope it will and hope that vanilla will be just a game mode or a separate server. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That meme is killing me.