Greetings

I am Tofurkey. You may have seen me on grangerpub recently. I am a man of few words so let’s get to the point. I would like to announce my presence on these forums before I make an admin application. Hi. Thank you for viewing this topic and secretly judging my every word.

6 Likes

I have one question though, why can’t I make a topic in the admin application section?

you need to git gud.

it’s probably because new users can’t create topics (done to counter spambots i think)
btw yes that’s sarcasm obviously i have 0 fucking clue why you can’t make a topic

Hi @Tofurkey, welcome to the forums.

As always, I recommend new users to read the Server Rules, Terms of Service and Community Guidelines so you can be informed about how this forums and the servers work.

It is because your account is new, with a level 0 of trust in discourse as explained here:

[quote=Discourse]New (0)

Discourse does not quite trust new users yet, as they are visitors who just created an account, still learning the community norms and the way your forum works. Whether accidentally, or intentionally, new users can cause problems in your community.

We also want to hide any so-called “advanced” functionality from new users to make the UI less confusing for them and gently land them on the deeper UI as they get more experienced.

Thus, new users’ abilities are restricted for safety – both theirs and yours.

Users at trust level 0 cannot…

Send private messages to other users
“Reply as new topic” via Link button (UI removed)
Flag posts
Post more than 1 image
Post any attachments
Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile
Mention more than 2 users in a post[/quote]

But you may get level 1 automatically by:

[quote=Discourse]Basic (1)

If a user sticks around long enough to read a bit, Discourse now trusts them as a basic user.

They can get to trust level 1 by…

entering at least 5 topics
reading at least 30 posts
spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

use all core Discourse functions
Upload images and attachments if enabled
Edit wiki posts
Flag posts
have all new user restrictions removed[/quote]

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

@Tofurkey Hey welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the GrangerHub forums @Tofurkey :smiley: !

3 Likes

Welcome

3 Likes

Greeting dude

3 Likes

Welcome to GHub.

3 Likes

welcome

& thanks for using your dretch to save me earlier

3 Likes

Welcome Tofurkey!

3 Likes

Sarcasm or not, it makes sense lol. I would suggest, if you want to be truly sarcastic, saying things like “the website server is actually sentient and really just doesn’t like tofu. looks like you’re out of luck.” :wink:

1 Like

Fair enough, thank you for the info. Probably would have found it eventually. I’m not much of a forum person either, but I can make an exception.

1 Like

My pleasure :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello.

ur name makes me think of turkey.

at first i thought of the animal.

then i thought of all the people dying in the recently fascist regime. thousands of people being displaced and the culture uprooted for political power.

welcome to the forums.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight, truly a sobering thought.

Actually, however, Tofurkey is a company that makes soy based meatless alternative food high in protein. Check them out here, I highly recommend. I liked the name and I guess it stuck. (its ok to use the name if i advertise for them, right?)

1 Like

Its ok as long as you share 90% of your ad income with grangerhub.
I advertise for Woodbury University, The walking dead, Woodbury outlets, and other things.

Well that was a lie.

Btw, your second name as given to you by Lord ALAN of Tremulous (Toritukey) is stuck at my head too.

It is off-topic, but what facist regime?

1 Like

Haha well, if they do come after me, you know which name I will choose next.

4 Likes

Can you and @Tofurkey bring in some more tremulous players :)?

1 Like

@tofurkey sure it makes sense, but then how did you create this topic?
anyways welcome