[PASSED: 4] Woodbury's Application

• Who are you known as in-game, and what is your registered name on the server:

I’m known as Woodbury.

• What is your timezone/What time do you play tremulous and how often:

My timezone is GMT -5:00 / I try to play often, sometimes I play all day, sometimes I just play a few rounds. But mostly afternoons and nights.

• Why do you want admin on GrangerPub:

I want admin on GrangerHub because I just want to give more of myself to this server, not only helping on testing features on the test server, which I like to, or playing regularly on GrangerPub, but also try to get tremulous where I want it to be, a thriving game where someday it will be famous enough to build a very populated community; I want to be positive with what is coming in the near future, and if it is what I hope it will be, I want to take part in helping it.

• What is your past admining experience:

I never had admin experience in Tremulous, but I had admin experience in Wolf:ET, at that time we used Shrub mod for admin commands, which are the nearly same for GrangerHub. Anyway, I’ll list the servers and levels for just reference since there is no way to prove them because the servers are already closed, and well just to not leave this question blank.

GTM Server [Wolf:ET][Server with admin level from 1 to 10]: I was Level 6. Started as not-regular player (Level 1) and got promoted for playing enough time to (level 3) Server Regular (it had just vote inmunity), was asked to be admin soon after for being trustworthy and fair, and keeping server clean of toxic people with votes. Played around 4 years.

Chosen Reborn Server [Wolf:ET][Server with admin level from 1 to 8]: I was level 5. I got this level after I succesfully joined Chosen Reborn clan. Helped a year in it, after GTM closed, for monetary reasons.

et.tjw.org Server [Wolf:ET][Server with admin level from 1 to 6 (if I recall correctly)] I was level 4. Most of my teammates who played in GTM moved to this server. Got enough recognition to apply for admin. Helped them until Wolf:ET started to die as well. Here is where I met Tremulous, since tjw server had a Wolf:ET server and a Tremulous server, since beginning of trem (2006), but never applied for admin in Trem server.

• What do you think are the most important qualities as an admin:

I see this question very hard to answer from my point of view, because I think all qualities are important, we just have to know how, where and at what time use each one, I could just say patience, fairness, leadership; but that’s not my way of thinking, just because a single person cant make everybody happy at the same time. I would apply my social skills whenever they are needed, if a person is right, in my opinion, I will support it, and if it is wrong, I will point it out, and seek the most friendly way to solve the situation. I’m including everyone in that statement, for example if a higher level admin than me makes the wrong choice, in my opinion, I would point it without any fear, even if it gets me demoted or even banned just by standing against, but I’m sure that is not the ways of this server and the admin staff from the experience I have gotten so far.

• What level are you applying for:

I think everyone have to start from the beginning, and after reading the rules and how admins are distributed, I will ask for level 3. I’m sure I can win promotions by proving myself to the staff.

• Is any level 6+ admin willing to vouch for you (Can be left blank):

I’m grateful I could get @dGr8LookinSparky and @romdos vouch, I was looking for some other admins online since thursday, but could not find anyone that I knew for sure it was them because of aliases. Maybe could I get another one here at forums?

Thanks in advance, open to questions.
By the way, don’t wish me luck, wish me success. Luck is not fair.

3 Likes

Hi WoodBurry , may your good luck be successful, and your success be beyond good luck :smiley:

1 Like

Glad you finally applied Woodbury. Good luck with your application!

1 Like

I’ll set up a poll for you.

Thanks for your help and good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the successful luck.

Thanks!, I didn’t know you were expecting me to apply. :smiley:

I appreciate that. Thanks.

Anytime, waiting to test more next thursday. :watch:

I’ll vouch for you as well.

Don’t be so modest, I’d suggest asking for at least L4.

1 Like

I appreciate your vouch @bird, thank you.

I asked for level 3, because I feel is the level I should ask for, for the time I have spent in the community. It is entirely up to the admin staff to talk privately about what level is best suited, if my application is not denied of course.

2 Likes

good luck @Woodbury :slight_smile:

1 Like

i thought i told you that you should apply a while back. maybe not. idk xD

1 Like

Passed L4.