[PASSED: 4] Zodiac's 2nd Admin Application

• Who are you known as in-game, and what is your registered name on the server:
Zodiac is my registered in-game name and the name I use during the vast majority of my time on Trem. Sometimes random aliases, sometimes ScallyWaggle too.

• What is your timezone/What time do you play tremulous and how often:
Pacific Standard Time. I play trem maybe 1 or 2 hours a day, 4 days a week?

• Why do you want admin on GrangerPub:

1. I have seen a number of troll votes get called that have been passed and I would like to help eliminate those.
  2. I feel that having a higher number of responsible admins on this server will lessen the amount of possible time that there are pub games going when there is no admin present and thus reduce the number of rule infractions (basenades, troll votes, intentional tking, excessive/abusive language and behavior, etc.)
  3. I also want to have a positive impact on Trem and keep this game, that I enjoy so much, going for as long as possible. Being a solid administrator will help me do that.

• What is your past admining experience:
It’s hard for me to remember since i’ve taken so many breaks, but I believe I had lvl 3 or 4 admin on AA pub server (Effect or Cerk could probably vouch). I also had lvl 6 or so admin on Pk server (when I was in Pk). That’s all the specific ones that come to mind.

• What do you think are the most important qualities as an admin:

1. Not letting emotions control your actions (kicking someone who was trolling/insulting you).
  2. Being impartial.
    And the obvious ones like, being responsible, fair, and helpful.

• What level are you applying for:
3, 4 or 5. Seeing as I got denied because not enough admins know me, I will apply for a lower level admin and attempt to reach lvl 5+ via my track record with a lower level.
• Is any level 6+ admin willing to vouch for you (Can be left blank):
I believe Bird and Taylor will still vouch for me.

Note: On the chance occasions that I have seen players I know are admins on the server, I have said hello and I doubt that there have been any times when I have trolled or raged. I did tk megamedic at, what I thought was, the end of the game. Shouldn’t have done that, but live and learn right? :smiley:

See ya in-game guys.

2 Likes

Good luck Zodiac. :+1: You have another one here now.

I’ll vouch for you too, add me to that list :wink:

Make sure that you properly distinguish between the chat that is allowed in rule 3, and chat that violates any of the other rules. Rule 3 allows chat that some might not like at times, but that doesn’t mean that such chat is a violation. For allowed chat that people might not like, there is the /ignore command (1.3 will have some new feature to address such unliked allowed chat even better than just the conventional /ignore)

But at the same time, it is important to recognize when someone crosses the line and starts violating other chat rules, like rules 4, 5, and/or 6 (there are other rules related to chat that is not allowed, but chat that violates those three rules are often confused with chat allowed in rule 3, and vice versa).

But this doesn’t mean that an admin shouldn’t get involved at times when there is a lot of allowed chat that is not liked. Admins can get involved in those situations without using administrative powers by positively and constructively contributing to the discussions, and by getting the focus back on to having fun. The most effective tools that an admin can use in most situations are the same tools that everyone has, not just admins.

I will keep that in mind :slight_smile: Thanks Sparky!

Thank ya much Woodbury!

I shall set up a poll for you.

I will vouch and have already put forth a compelling case for ur acception into this prestigious and special snowflakey role.

3 Likes

Hi Zod! Wish you Best luck for being admin! :smile: :+1:

Btw, I suggest you to play Trem for meeting more people with admins, also meet me too! :wink:

[color=red]Billy[/color]

Hi Billy! Thanks man :smiley:

Like I said in my app, I play 1 or 2 hours a day usually. Do you happen to go by any other aliases? I don’t think I’ve seen you at all in the server :o Looking forward to meeting you though.

1 Like

Good Luck man! U are nice guy :slightly_smiling:

Thanks Rifflez :smiley: <3

Passed L4.