Petition to remove Thanatos from the rotation

It should be the other way around. If a map is to get into the rotation, it should be a good, popular map that is relatively balanced, given its size. Personally, I think a thorough case should be made for why it (and every other map) should be kept in the rotation.

I’ve been saying for months that the rotation needs to have maps removed, and I’ve given you lists several times. If another thread is created then we (as a community) can identify maps to keep in the rotation.

1 Like

How would “good” and “popular” be determined? In the case of Thanatos, none of the individuals advocating its removal even mentioned anything about balance, nor pointed out any reasons for the map being unbalanced, if it is as such.

Whether it’s good or not is decided by general consensus. In terms of balance, unless there are lots of good players on the alien team, the humans (tend to) gain an advantage early on because of the long open areas, and the two exits to the alien base, both of which are easy to camp. I would say that, because of this, thanatos isn’t a great map - the humans can get to the alien base very quickly and lock it down very easily, and there are lots of hiding spots that protect against larger aliens. The bases are also pretty terrible for both teams.

Most of the time it ends up being a rantwhore and lucispam+chainsuit-ledge-camp-fest, which makes for pretty miserable gameplay.

Oh I forgot, your personal bias toward menace meant you likely skipped over his post even though he always provides great insight.[quote=“dGr8LookinSparky, post:24, topic:1377”]
That is a biased poll
[/quote]As I mentioned in my PM to you, this is a petition, not a discussion. The poll was meant to be asinine.[quote=“dGr8LookinSparky, post:24, topic:1377”]
with only 9 votes, hardly anywhere close to “100% of the server and forum population”
[/quote]You really have poor perceptive abilities. That was me mocking your flawed logic in the atcs poll thread.

1 Like

His statement that the map does not translate as well to 1.1 (whether or not it is true) is an unsupported claim. He did not go into any detail into why it doesn’t play well on 1.1 game play while it plays well on gpp.

And thus has no value in any decision, even though you referred to it as such in a post.

You have genuinely provided nothing to this thread.

1 Like