Trem Tourney Ideas

I think a trem tournament would be really fun. There could be clans involved, minigames, and of course, prizes. It would be really fun and we could host it on a sat or a sunday. I have got a few ideas.

4v4 Scrims: Placed into brackets. Winner of each round advances on to the next round until they are eliminated or at the finals. Winner of the this part of the tournament gets [insert prize here].

1v1 Tournaments: Placed into brackets. Randomly generated. Winner of each round advances on to the next round until they are eliminated or at the finals. Winner gets[insert prize here].

Hide N’ Seek: 5 Mass Drivers and 20 dretches, Game is on transit, if you get shot your out. Aliens are not allowed to kill the mass drivers. Humans can use helmets. 20 minute time limit.

Parkour: Fastest time on Bob’s OC gets [insert prize here].

These are just a few ideas and if anyone wants to add anything feel free to.

2 Likes

i volunteer as mass driver in hide 'n seek :>

Sundays would probably be best, considering we have GrangerHub development games on Saturdays.
Another type of challenge can be the best times for completing mission type maps on both teams.

Sounds fun (:

This sounds fun.
Although I doubt we have enough active scrimmers to do the 4v4. 1v1’s are eh, they just snowball too hard.

this is a great idea a trem tournament would be super fun lol i can’t wait to beat all u silly bois

hide and seek sounds neat btw. what about this idea. every team plays coop tremship troopers and the ppl who last the longest win???

1 Like

Sounds very nice all, specially that scrim idea, f1!

Liking this idea a lot, I’m Sure $ would be up to the idea as well :slight_smile: we could form a couple of teams from our guys.
hide and seek ideas seems real good as well.

No. RIP dretches.

This might work on large maps.

As soon as the human spots a dretch on the helmet, it is dead. Been there done that.

We used to do no helmet, not allowed to move after hiding, and that’s when it worked best. (Running after dretches around the map because you can’t shoot the MD worth shit to kill them in ~2-3 bullets is not hide & seek.)

The way the vis works, and the human radar range makes this unviable on pretty much any map I’ve ever played. It would need to be one hell of a clustered/broken vis map for this to work.

Jetpack is also allowed on maps with unreachable spots.

How I always use to do it was to play hide and seek on transit with some similar rules.

Humans got:

• MD
  • Light armour
  • Jetpack
  • Nade
  • Reactor and medistation
  • Medis and repeaters spread around map
  • No helmet

Alien Hunt Scenario:

• General
  • Requires a medium to large sized map
  • The objective of this scenario is for the humans to kill the one alien, and for the one alien to kill the nodes and remaining humans.
  • Aliens:
    • Only one player, and this one player is an advanced dragoon.
    • No eggs, and no om
  • Humans:
  • 4 to 7 players
  • Starts with stage 3

Do the humans have a base? By this I mean, is their base just 1 armoury, 1 medi and 8 nodes, or is it a proper base with rets, etc?

Humans shouldn’t be allowed to respawn, but have repeaters spread around the map with medistations. Make the buildables invincible, and the goal is to kill the alien/all of the humans.

make it so everyone spawns as a dragoon on epic and has to race to the other side of the map!!!

2 Likes

Seems like my kind of game :smirk:

1 Like

Everything else with my version of Alien Hunt is the same as a regular game, so humans can have a proper base, and can rebuild while it isn’t sd.

To make it more attractive, what if the dretch hunt / hide and seek were to be done on Cuboid because of its CPM physics implemention? (without the cuboids)

Reasoning: Dretches are harder to hit because they can go faster due to CPM physics.
Demonstration of CPM physics, (although not in cuboid but my GPP-1.1 mod):
Promode Physics in Tremulous! - YouTube Strafing around the map with Dretch, before double jump implemention
Another miscellaneous all-in-one video - YouTube 0:20 Trickjumps as humans
CPM doublejumps finally implemented - YouTube Doublejumps demonstration
Blaster Tricks with GPP-1.1 Arena on rotcannon - YouTube Blaster Ticks (GPP-1.1 specific) which use CPM style air physics

CPM physics are probably most famous through the DeFRaG mod on quake 3: Celestia - YouTube

1 Like

It wouldn’t be a complete humans base. If the aliens survive in the time span of 20 minutes, they win. If humans kill them all by then, they win. I don’t see anything wrong with not using helmets as it would be near impossible to fucking find any aliens on transit without it.