Tremulous good base spots (Post your ideas/experiments)

Humans asked for my help again, they just absolutely need my incredible knowledge of master Kin Pong’s building tactics. I was illuminated by the ancient ninja masters’ grace tonight. I foresaw this majestic base in one of my dreams and materialized it out of thin air:

You can see I am becoming a true master myself at TETRIS B1LD methods:

You can see the benediction of master Jeng Pen being laid upon the human team, as they all start grabbing jetpacks:

We won. I knew we would be led to victory by the great shaolin building masters of d00m. They told me I would be able to stop hacking advanced timewarping tyrants by building teslas, and they were right!

.>1 node
.>teslas
.>cramped and stacked structures

Ckit does not approve.

You HERETIC how dare YOU CRITICIZE THE WAYS OF THE GREAT MASTERS. IT IS THE FRUIT OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF STUDYING AND HARD WORK I CAN’T EVEN BELIEVE THE SHIT YOU ARE SAYING RIGHT NOW. You were corrupted by the EVIL ALIEN OVERMEN JEWISH RUSSIAN BISHOPS OF HELL but it’s ok I will take care PERSONALLY of this case and show u the light. I will teach u the ways of the shaolin egyptian monk buildermasters myself. Consider yourself lucky that I don’t burn ur filthy tyrant hacker meat to dust with my advanced ancient supr3me technology of tesla.

ALSO 1 NODE AS I SAID LAST TIME EVEN THE GREATEST MASTERS CANNOT FIGHT AGAINST THE SUDDEN DEATH DICTATORSHIP POLICY

1 Like

Whooooooa! Shit is getting serious! And what about alien bases?

A good base should stand the tests of time, peasant.

The ancient knowledge of STAKDEMBUILDABLES is still alive to this day, what more do you need?

More than 1 node, thats wot

IS ANYONE NOT GIVING A FUCK ABOUT GOOD BASES ANYMORE

I AM SUSPECTING THIS IS BECAUSE OF THE NEW OP TURRETS ON TEST SERVER

/necro

1 Like

I suppose I should say something on-topic now, but I really can’t think of anything.

– rlb

Necroing old topics on GrangerHub’s forums is not only allowed, but encouraged. The same can’t be said about posts that are not on topic. So I expect to see a post about a/some good base spots on this thread from you very soon rlb.

Ok, so I was looking at UTCSUD by Matth and I found a pretty good spot for human base in the upper hall. All base structures (RC, nodes, arm, medi and dc) were built against one wall, with turrets and teslas guarding approach. I tried it and found that the autonomous defenses can kill a lone alien of any type before they do much damage; tests were run with dretches, adv maras, adv goons and rants. Screenshots of the layout are included.
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Hmm, that last one looks pretty good, maybe we should keep it as an e-poster.

I offer this layout in sacrifice to the high priests of Tremulous in penitence for being off-topic, and in hopes that my offence shall be remitted.

– rlb

2 Likes

Your game is dark as FUCK omg. Fix gamma pls.

Besides that, this base looks extremely vulnerable to anything as long as there isn’t someone sitting in it…

DC is way too exposed also, it can be sniped from the bottom of the middle area.

Brighter is better, KKK approved.

1 Like

Necro.

1 Like

Was that the one I made with you? Looks kinda different.

Yeah. I couldn’t remember exactly how we did it last time so I improvised.

This is a base I built on the Fortification map at yesterday’s development games on the test7341 server. This was actually a comeback base, I initially attempted to move the base to the underground area, but the aliens killed the rc before I was ready to move it, and attacked the underground while I was the only one there with a ckit. I managed to escape with my construction kit while the aliens were preoccupied eating the underground forward (we lost a lot of reserve bp from that fail).

I decided to attempt to rebuild in the upper hall to the alien lookout. When I got to that location, all our nodes were down, I was the last human spawned, and we had about 120 seconds before life support would cut if the reactor core didn’t come back online. Thanks in large part to enemy radar/sense being disabled on the server, I had enough time to rebuild the rc, a telenode, the armoury, and a couple of rets before the aliens spotted us and we were able to defend enough to recover, build a good solid base at that location and then ultimately win the match.

There are some things to note about this base is that on test7341. The tesla zap starts from the top of the tesla generator and fires over the rets, hence why it is effective to build a tesla right behind a ret. Stacking on various buildables is enabled. Ttyrants and advanced dragoons can evolve in the alien lookout to attack from that side of this base, but they would be trapped there,which makes them relatively easy to kill from that approach. Also the screenshots below show the stage 3 version of the base, and when I initially built the base we were still at stage 1, and I did adjust the base as we obtained stage 2 and then stage 3.

2 Likes

yeah even now that the bp is “only” 140, this spot is op, and not just a little either.

3 Likes

An epic Metro base that took me many moons to perfect. Now I’m finally ready to take on those pesky aliens.

um…

2 Likes

I think turrets have been destroyed by railway, but only I’m not sure that telenodes isn’t take damage.

EDITED: Other human base had been destroyed by railway, because of the train.

2 Likes