Tremulous Zombie Server and Mod Download

I’m currently hosting a fully functional Zombie server for Tremulous with HTTP download support for all client-side assets and maps. If you want to run the mod offline you must compile the game.qvm and tremded yourself.

If you want to compile the mod or the compatible tremded then here are my forks: QVM - Tremded

If you need dependencies and are using apt then this repo should list everything you need.

Windows users good luck…

2 Likes

I’m not going to be able to host it myself, but it might be helpful to know that this is the game server host we we have been renting from for GrangerHub’s servers: https://www.nfoservers.com/

Would I pick as the game “Quake 3”

And also, I couldn’t buy these servers anyway, I don’t really have the money for that. :confounded:

The most cost effective option for hosting a game server with that particular host is a single core VPS ( NFOservers Server Rentals :: Order a VDS / VPS :: NFOservers ) . For a Frankfurt, Germany location it costs $8.79 per month. I know that nfo servers also has an option to allow for server owners to set up a means to get donations that are applied directly to your hosting bill. I have heard that some game servers used other hosts that cost about $5 per month or even $3 per month, I don’t know those particular hosts though but google might help you find them.

Perhaps someone who would be interested in paying to host a Z server might find this info helpful :slight_smile: .

Thank you :smile:

1 Like

Oh, another thing, as I understand it, the z server QVM requires xserverx’s modified tremded and database stuff. Do you have that @IronClaw ?

Oh sure, i have the mod up and running and working :slight_smile: @dGr8LookinSparky

With the modded tremded and all the files, it works :smile: @dGr8LookinSparky

1 Like

Maybe we can get a GrangerZ? :slight_smile:

@IronClaw , I have good news, @AppleZ indicated to me that he would be interested in hosting a Z server. Feel free to get in touch with him to go over the details.

3 Likes

Nice :smiley: @dGr8LookinSparky

Yea, that would be awesome :smiley: lol @Helper_Bot

1 Like

Pleas Put Zombie mode server again iwant to test but its gone :frowning: pleas creat zombie mod server thx

I agree zombie mod was the best mod because other people cant complain when the opposite team is cheating also it was great fun when u get board with the normal mod

Agreed! I wanna kill some zombies! XD

1 Like

Server is up for testing.

1 Like

I still need the tremded for it. It tries to link to an invalid database as well, iirc someone said that you can edit a variable probably in tremulous.h and recompile it to disable the database dependance.

Alls the database is for is just the achievements and top scores (survival etc.)

i have the tremded. ill disable database and recompile for you.
ill upload the tremded to my github and post link here

2 Likes

It’s compiled. Whenever I get the database disabled I’ll put it in the same directory.

2 Likes