Why are the players who break rules the most immune?

I don’t understand why some players are protected with level 2 or 3 to avoid being kicked. These players constantly break rules that’s why they are consistently kicked. These players are obviously doing something wrong or in the wrong if they have to be granted protection. I also guarantee that at least 45% of issues on this server are caused by level 2 players even level 3 or 4. Level 2 basically grants these players immunity and these level 2 players strike when there are no admins on, aka quite regularly.

If you post a screenshot or example of a L2 breaking server rules I will immediately remove their protection privileges. If you have no proof then please don’t throw accusations around for fun.

Who the fuck are you even talking about?

Whatever who is/are abusing or trolling, just ignore it. This is because everybody had recently been trolled, including me. Mostly were caused by non-admin players (non-registered, L1 or L2).

If somebody had been broke our rules, you must require to record demo video / screenshot at chat or other system consoles for evidences and report it. If not, I can’t guarantee to help you without any proof.

I know it’s lots of crap, but we’re tried our best to control every player and what are they doing in all servers like normal. Also you can politely to speak to player without any have sh*t words, not to use fighting words like in war. This is a very focal point. So I need you to calm down it.

you guarantee us about your fake pulled-out-of-your-ass statistic

The other admins are correct. If you intend to report someone or accuse them, you should present evidence in the form of screenshots, condumps, etc etc.

Your word is not good enough to be considered “proof” of their actions, and I suggest you speak more kindly of others unless you can show you have reason to speak otherwise.

Level 2 vote immunity is a band-aid, it exists because the current voting system on multiprotocol slackers is very easily abusable. Even with the voting enhancements we have now on test7341 before adding any further admin tools/systems would make the L2 vote immunity obsolete.

On GrangerPub L2 is given to players who have a tendency to be accused to break the rules but who are known to not actually break rules (such as players who are skilled and don’t cheat but are thought by some to cheat, or players who have the tendency to speak controversially but don’t violate any rules). The main requirement for keeping L2 is to not violate any of the rules.

As @Shuffle said, if it is demonstrated that any particular L2 has broken any rules, that L2 will have their privileges immediately revoked.

Regarding L3 and above, they are a part of the administration, and if a player sees any of them actually violate the rules, it is important that such players also report the violation(s) with sufficient evidence so that proper action can be taken.

4 Likes

I moved this topic to the GrangerPub Servers category since this is not a report on a player/admin but rather an inquiry on vote immunity in general.

I’ve been on, and active for about my entire day (US Time) from 11:00 am to this current second and up.

:thumbsup:

Feel free to PM me in-game about it, or message me on the forums. (You can also message other admins.)

I have dealt with some invalid kick reasons already, if you were kicking during that time I set your duration to 1’s for anyone’s invalid kick and gave them a warning.

Tremulous is old shite and it takes new code [effort + free time] to implement solutions to problems that didn’t exist for Quake 3.

Until we get proper solutions (as Sparky mentioned), this is the band-aid for malicious kicks for active players. Example:

This is a legitimate ongoing problem that won’t be resolved by removing kick protection.

AKA: PM Shuffle (or any high-level admin you can contact).

I blame cron.

1 Like

i’m simply just stating my observations and not reporting anyone, fully aware of how to report. This thread was also originally in GrangerPub Servers i dont know why it was moved to report players/admin section then moved back. The whole idea of this thread was to bring notice to these issues and hopefully protected players will now be closely watched as they are no better than a level 1.

1 Like

I guess there was some confusion, sorry about that.

Thank you for bringing this important discussion up. I’ve known for awhile that the L2 vote immunity is a very imperfect approach, and the long term solution is to implement a better system, which is being done via 1.3 development.

However, until the servers are ready to be updated, the GrangerPub administration is already suppose to keep an eye out for L2 rule violators so that the situations can be addressed, and all the rule violations done by an L2 that I have been aware of have resulted in an immediate removal of L2. So under the current system, if you see a/some specific rule violations that have occurred by any L2, the only way that it can be addressed is if the specific violations along with the specific violators are brought to the administration’s attention.

Fair enough, however you gave the impression that your observations are rooted in fact, such as “guaranteeing” “45%” when in reality they are your personal estimations. I believe you would receive more positive responses (in the future) by avoiding making claims like these, as it can turn people off.

I didn’t do it, but I can guess it’s because you’ve failed to disclose the purpose of the thread in the OP, leaving room for confusion:

whole idea of this thread was to bring notice to these issues

tl;dr: Please keep in mind to state the reason you’ve made the thread beforehand and make it clear such a thread is based on your personal observation(s).

because of the ghub communist dictators

vote for me and i will create the most transparent administration in history

Do the elected officials in GHUB stand with ordinary woopers… working woopers, noobs, the pros, the pollacks - or will the extraordinary power of scumbag campaign contributors and Big Admin prevail? The GHUB people, by the millions, must send the elitist power holders the answer to that question.

Low-income people, racial or ethnic minorities, pregnant women, seniors, people with special needs, people in rural areas… they all have a much harder time accessing a dentist than other groups of Americans. Low-income people, racial or ethnic minorities, pregnant women, seniors, people with special needs, people in rural areas… they all have a much harder time accessing a dentist than other groups of Americans. Low-income people, racial or ethnic minorities, pregnant women, seniors, people with special needs, people in rural areas… they all have a much harder time accessing a dentist than other groups of Americans. Low-income people, racial or ethnic minorities, pregnant women, seniors, people with special needs, people in rural areas… they all have a much harder time accessing a dentist than other groups of Americans. Low-income people, racial or ethnic minorities, pregnant women, seniors, people with special needs, people in rural areas… they all have a much harder time accessing a dentist than other groups of Americans. Low-income people, racial or ethnic minorities, pregnant women, seniors, people with special needs, people in rural areas… they all have a much harder time accessing a dentist than other groups of Americans. Low-income people, racial or ethnic minorities, pregnant women, seniors, people with special needs, people in rural areas… they all have a much harder time accessing a dentist than other groups of Americans. Low-income people, racial or ethnic minorities, pregnant women, seniors, people with special needs, people in rural areas… they all have a much harder time accessing a dentist than other groups of Americans. Low-income people, racial or ethnic minorities, pregnant women, seniors, people with special needs, people in rural areas… they all have a much harder time accessing a dentist than other groups of Americans.

2 Likes

I still hold my claim of 45% and sorry i forgot that the majority of people on this forum are thickheaded and only read what they want to see. If this thread wasn’t based on my personal observations I would’ve listed witnesses and provided proof. The reason why I made this is also quite obvious.

Without verifiable evidence to support your claimed statistic, that statistic is meaningless to the administration. Whether your claim is accurate or not, anyone can make up any number without supporting evidence.

To the best of my knowledge, the administration is not aware of any recent violations done by players who currently have level 2 (if the administration became aware of any such players, as what was done with past cases, level 2 privileges would be removed from the violating player(s) immediately).

If you have evidence that would back up your claim, if you were to report your evidence, then not only would problems with the L2 system be further revealed, but also many short term problems the playerbase might be experiencing, until the L2 system is made obsolete with an update, would be very quickly resolved.

Once again this is only me stating my observations and it doesn’t matter if I have verifiable evidence to support my claim as it is MY claim. Whether someone takes my claim seriously is their choice. There is literally no admins on from 1-10pm AEDT so no wonder. Yes a Level 2 will not be demoted unless a valid report on the forum is given in most cases. Even if an Admin was to witness these actions in-game they are only being warned or receiving kicks/bans instead of being demoted immediately.

If that has occurred, that can be remedied via a report with sufficient evidence, and not only would the L2(s) that committed such violations be demoted, but also the administrators would be corrected as to the correct protocol. But keep in mind that only L9+ admins can adjust levels, and the other admins who witnessed such violations, even having to ban would have to inform the high level admins that a L2 violated the rules which would be cause for immediate removal of the L2 privileges (L2 is a privledge, not a right).

As a side note, it is important that anyone who is setleveled to L2 be informed by the admin that setlevels them that they have been given L2 and the condition that they can only keep L2 if they don’t violate any rules. I don’t know if this is always done.

Again, under the current system the only way to address possible incidents of any particular L2 players violating rules and/or particular admins being aware of L2 rule violators while not following the appropriate protocol is by reporting such incidents. I know that this system is imperfect and can add extra inconveniences overall, but this is what we have to work with for now.

I have just realized that the policies concerning L2 have not been specified in the admin guidelines, so I have recommended that they be added to that document to ensure that all admins are made aware of those policies.