Clarification of rule

1. The and not Teh.
  2. It should not be funny, you should take action against him.

Teh actionz will be taken, if we have a reason to do so.

1 Like

The*

Harassment on discord, and via PM. But I can’t show you my PM, I guess it’s against the rules.

Feel free to show us teh harassment PMs, but make sure you send it as a private message.

3 Likes

please, #the !
Ok I will do so

which is fucking broken, because it removes everything (formatting (bold, superscript, etc), link targets, etc) but plaintext.

as much as the rule is bullshit, multi-clienting is still not forbidden even if the rule were accepted, and there’s eg. ghosting being done. the substance of the rule-breaking is the ghosting, not the multi-clienting. ie., it’s stupid to say that „abuse happened on 2 counts:

1. ghosting; and
  2. using multiple clients to to perform (1.).”.

to play on both teams, in either a task switching or a „stereo” fashion, in a way that does not violate rules.

WRONG. first of all, „well” is subjective. second, i can easily build on both teams using 2 clients per team; or, i can participate in player-vs-player combat with one client on one team, while in between respawns, switch to another client to build on the other team. i can even enjoy only player-vs-player by switching between playing aliens and playing humans, always idling with the opposite-teamed client — yes, idling half of the time does not yield a player’s full potential, but the GrangerHub servers don’t have a „u must strive to achieve victory.” rule.

notice that all of this does not imply the actual use of information acquired by SNEAKY™(R)(C) means.

for example, u’re harassing me by being a dumb fuck, and u don’t even know how to not be one.

2 Likes

That is an example of begging the question. :wink:

My point is that based on observing the performance of multiple clients with the same ip on opposite teams, it doesn’t take long to observe that those clients are used by the same player, form noticing that quality activity of the clients shift to one client at a time, and/or noticing the poor quality of those multiple clients being played simultanously. This is assuming that the multiclienting player is not botting with one or more of those clients, but botting in itself is a direct violation of the rules, and other signs (for botting) would be looked out for.

How well can you build on both teams simultaneously without shifting focus nor quality activity away from any client? How well can you participate in combat on both teams simultaneously also without shifting focus nor quality activity away from any client?

Feel free to 1 v 1 yourself on GrangerClub putting in continuous quality effort towards trying to win on both sides, and in such a way that most people would think that you are not multi-clienting. If you can do that, try taking it up a notch and 2 v 2 yourself :wink: . Be sure to post videos of those matches for us to see.

Just by being on both teams, you have access to the team chat of both teams (as well as the non-verbal observations from being a friendly on both teams, such as knowing where spawns and other buildables are, or if your team’s om/rc is down, or when/where rushes are taking place), and thus automatically ghosting with yourself, even if you don’t verbally communicate that info with the rest of your team.

irrelevant; this is exactly avoiding my point.

however, for the sake of being even more off-topic, let’s consider these desires too. the general answer is: this i can’t do. a couple of specific comments:

this is not required for the purposes of reasonably practical building. in most cases, a player, while hiding deep in his/her base, can safely build and often repair, requiring only the dedication of recurring short intervals of attention.

sounds like a challenge.

again, this is irrelevant, because such information is not used in-game in what i described.

Knowing the status of the other team’s base and of the other team’s combat movements has a direct impact on decisions you would make on how you would build as well as fight in the opposing team (building and fighting are the activities you have described that one could do while multiclienting). As a builder, knowing such information about the other team would allow you to know when and where it is safe to build, and when and where it is strategically more advantageous to build. The same applies to combat strategies. Basically it is like an abstract form of wall hacking. A form of cheating, even if you don’t verbally communicate ghosting activities to the other players

Sure any advantage you might get from such knowledge could apply to both teams. However, who is to say that you would use that information to benefit both teams equally? Additionally, even if you “balanced” the advantage, if both teams had an equal number of wallhackers, and/or an equal number of aimbotter, and or an equal number of other kinds of cheaters, that doesn’t change the fact that cheating is going on.

It is :slight_smile:

How many time did we see good player playing humans, and then when the team move the RC they switch to alien team and win the game BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE RC IS DOW!
I have a new rule to prevent that:
It’s forbidden to join the other team when OM RC are going down/ are down.
This is another form of ghosting.

There is a “!warn” feature that is nifty. I use it all the time to allow players to change attitude/gameplay before I initiate admin action. This function should be used more in my opinion. However, @bluefire we do have a warning system that the admins can use to there ability before advancing.

thx, I agree with that

Btw, could we ( no admin player) be able to ban someone for 1 hour ? Because when there is a deconner/ TKer, he ruins the game of everyone, so we callvote to kick him, and 2 min later he is back.

Could we do this? first callvote kick==> 2 min
second callvote kick=>1 hour
third callvote kick => 1 day.

I know admin are doing what they can to ban those asshole, but sometime there isn’t admin on the server and it becomes the asshole paradize XD.

I thought about changing Dretch*Storm temp kick to 1h. I noticed a lot of decons.

why not? btw, how could we add this rule? Can semeone add a poll in the admin section about those ideas?

whoa what

How did a simple rules conversation develop into a complex discussion about battling oneself?

also /dev/humancontroller (@DevHC,) you might want to train drawing a circle with one hand and a square with the other before trying to play quad client trem with two hands and two feet…

[spoiler]Unless you havemore than 4 limbs or you use your mouth[/spoiler]

1 Like

i have a more fully thought-out rule from where the above came from:

it’s forbidden to join a team if u have (accidentally or purposely) acquired information (by seeing or hearing directly or deductively) about the other team. information includes, but is not limited to, eg. what weapon/class someone is using and where, which team is winning, etc. so if u have just entered the server, and looked at the scoreboard, or just happened to see an alien and a human, then u’re not allowed to join at all.

WRONG. despite perhaps that u can’t see this, it is actually easy to arrange ur multi-client gameplay in a way that such impact does not happen.

a very concrete exemplary demonstration of this will be described S00N™(R)(C).

1 Like

Good until here.[quote=“DevHC, post:49, topic:3346”]
information includes, but is not limited to, eg. what weapon/class someone is using and where, which team is winning, etc. so if u have just entered the server, and looked at the scoreboard, or just happened to see an alien and a human, then u’re not allowed to join at all.
[/quote]

I call this bullshit

The problem with that on the current voting system with the multiprotocol slacker’s qvm (that we use on GrangerPub/GrangerClub), is that voting is so easily abusable, However, longer kick lengths could be practical on test7341’s current voting system (even though there is still more work to be done on it).

1 Like

but it’s a fact.